Sorry but this is going to be a long post!
I have been looking so forward to posting this to our blog but worried it would take me a while to get it all done! I usually am only able to do this after Camdyn has gone to bed at night so this is unusual for me to be doing this during the day!
Wow, there are so many great things going on in our house and I will start off with the most important and that was Camdyn Reece's dedication last night. There were so many babies there and it was amazing that hardly any of them were ever upset during the whole ceremony. When we arrived, we had a picture taken with the pastor of the dedication and our family and Camdyn did her normal "shy/flirt" thing and she saw that a guy was standing beside her so she put her head down and would slowly look back up at him and then back down again. I'm not exactly sure what this family picture will end up looking like. :0 After that we headed into the auditorium where they had our videos playing. A few weeks ago they video taped us giving Camdyn our blessings and hopes for her in the future. I was so proud of myself that I didn't tear up during the taping! This was very special because they will be giving us a copy of this for when Camdyn is older. We then went through some worship songs and a message and then we went on stage where he introduced her and read the verse that we had picked out for her. It was so sweet, she looked up at him and did a precious smile and everyone laughed. She looked beautiful...Melissa said a little boy was saying how sparkly Camdyn was. We then had everyone over our house for a "reception" and Camdyn and Macey really enjoyed hanging out. Here is the verse that we picked out for our baby girl:
1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
We thought this was a wonderful verse for our hopes for her in how she will live her life with God. We know that God will guide her and protect her and this dedication symbolized that we pledge to raise Camdyn in a Christian home. We also received an envelope addressed to her and it said not to open until her 12th birthday. It is sealed so I am not able to look inside of it. I have an idea that it is probably a letter encouraging her to come to know God since this is the age that most kids are able to understand what it means to be a christian and are able to make the choice to except God as their personal savior. I was also 12 when I became saved.
I got Camdyn a special baby doll from Baby Be Blessed Dolls and I cannot wait for it to come in. It will be a posting all by itself whenever it arrives!
The little reception that I had :)
Our Beautiful baby girl
Camdyn and Macey hanging out at 9:00!! We could not believe they were still going strong! You can even tell from behind that they are smiling. Love those girls!
The next great thing is that Camdyn is 9 months as of yesterday! What a special way to celebrate her 9 months! She is such a big girl now! Each month I find myself saying that I want her to stay in this stage that she is in and then another month comes around and I am saying the exact same thing that I said a month ago. Here are some "big girl" things that she is doing now:
*She has now taken a total of 11 steps in a row! This is without stopping! She tries to now walk most of the time when she is trying to get somewhere.
*She is drinking from a straw all the time.
*Loves ice water and anything that involves water
*We still have that one tooth poking through
*She understands and reacts to certain words such as "Bozley, Daddy, Boboo(bottle), Water, Bye bye" etc.
*She is still sleeping through the night in her own room...yes, you are proud of me aren't you!
*I just figured out that she loves to watch her Baby Einstein DVD's. We tried this at 3 months but now she really is interested in them.
*Now eating 3 times a day
*She can now climb into her bouncer.
*She loves to "people watch"
*She loves all of her family members and gets very excited when she sees them. (Note: the other day we were at church and I knew Melissa was sitting in the back behind us but Camdyn did not know this at the time. She then crawled over my shoulder and was looking behind at everyone and then she started jumping in my lap and smiling and squealing. I turned around and it was Melissa that she was doing it at!
*She still gives kisses all the time to her dolls, Macey, her pepop, mommy, daddy and she will now lean over and give Bozley a kiss on his back!
*The food that she enjoys the most are Sweet potatoes and corn, cinnamon oatmeal with pears, any vegetable that is orange. We are still on baby food and I am keeping her on this as long as I can! I am guaranteed that it is healthy for her! The only table food that she is getting right now is fresh bananas and she adores these.
*She now can turn the computer on! It's the shiny green light up button that attracts her!
*Claps all the time! We will be going to her appointment on Monday for a couple of shots and her stats so stay tuned for some percentiles :) I got some vidoes of her and some cute pictures through out the week.
We got her this shirt before she was born and it is soooo cute on her! I had fun creating a faux hawk to go with her shirt. This was only at the house...I did not take her anywhere like this!
This picture is for Dustin...I gave her a squishy baseball and she looked at it like "what do you want me to do with this" and then she actually brought her arm back like she was going to throw it...just great...Besides turning the computer on, she loves to pull the keyboard down and type on it.
Now, here is the video that I LOOOOOVEE! I was trying to get Camdyn walking but instead she decided to play a game with Bozley called "Bozley is going to get you". It's so funny because Bozley has no idea that they are playing a game. He really is just walking around and she thinks he is trying to get her.


3 comments:
She is so precious! I love reading her updates!
Look at that big girl walking!!! Did you ever think she would do that so soon?? Ella was laughing so hard as we watched the video of her and Bozley...she misses her friend! Oh, and she looked precious in her dedication dress. :)
First of all, she looked BEAUTIFUL at her dedication. I'm so proud of her (and you as a parent). What a wonderful verse you picked out! I love it.
As for the video with Bozley, I laughed out loud. That poor dog seriously seems irritated. I can only imagine what Cam will do to it next. Probably try riding it.
Post a Comment