This past Tuesday we headed to the zoo for the first time with Camdyn. We've waited until she knew what animals were and now that she can express her love towards animals, we had to take her! It was supposed to be a cooler day but it did not turn out that way. It did not seem to bother Cam one bit but it bothered me just a little :) I'm not sure what was wrong with most of the animals but they were ALL ASLEEP! The last time I took my students there the animals were so lively (especially the elephants) but this time they were not very sociable. Most of the time I was trying to point them out for baby girl to see and her little neck would stretch and try to get the best glimpse that she could get. She really enjoyed the monkeys. They were friendly and would hang in front of her so she could get a good look at them. She also got to pet a bunny and a guinea pig. We tried to point out the pot belly pig but he was also sleeping.
I think Dustin might have been the most excited to be there though! He really wanted to see the gorillas but they were never around...think they might have been sleeping too :)
We enjoyed our little trip to the zoo but I think the next trip we take might be during the spring when its a little more comfortable for us and well...maybe the animals might be a little more perkier too!
The Highlights of my first trip to the zoo-via Camdyn Reece:
*Camdyn loved the spider monkeys. I think she was amazed of how they could hang on that net.
*Loved petting the bunny
*Squealed in delight when she was able to see an animal.
*Really enjoyed looking at these animals with huge horns (I cannot think of their name!)
*Loved the penguins until they swam towards her (pictures to prove this below)
*Highly enjoyed sharing an icy with her mommy
*Got to ride on her first carousel ride with daddy!
*Is a bird lover...any bird she sees she gets a big grin and says "b"
*Met some new friends and loved looking at all of the kids around her
First animals to see...
About to go and pet some critters!
My favorite animals :)
Okay, now these pictures make me laugh!
So here her and her friend are calm and watching the penguins
Here we see the penguin come towards Camdyn and her reaction
Fabulous!!
Carousel rides with daddy. I was not about to get on this thing with my weak stomach!
Remember the post about the hot pink bears? Well, I walked into the gift shop to look around and look what sister picked up one...or two of!
This is what she looked like after I told her that she already had a hot pink bear waiting for her at home and we didn't need an elephant.

1 comment:
Fun fun (attempt anyway). Sorry the animals were LAZY!!! I guess they're hot :(
Glad you had a good time. The pictures are precious!
I meant to say something about the pink sneakers in the Build-A-Bear post! Toooooo cute.
Post a Comment