Saturday, July 18, 2009

Happy 5 years!

On July 17, Dustin and I celebrated 5 years of marriage. It has been such a great ride having him by my side this entire time. It makes me happy to say that we have pretty much watched one another grow up. We met when we were 14 and he was 16. He was learning to drive and I was about to head off to the world of high school! Though life (god) took us sometimes in different directions; we always found our way back to one another. It's amazing to think that these 2 kids in the future would be married with a wonderful daughter. We endured the life of high school, driving, college, new jobs, the birth of Camdyn with each another. He really is a wonderful guy and I love him dearly.
A post is not complete without some pictures now is it?! Some might be a bit amusing so don't hate! ha!
Here is a glimpse into our little life through pictures.
We have about a million pictures together but this pretty much brings us back to the first picture of us together. Yes, this is the amusing one!

I will now skip to my senior year while Dustin was at a Jr. college playing baseball. He looks like a surfer dude here!
This is one of our engagement pictures. Can you believe it had just snowed the day before and then it was sunny this day! Texas for you
This will always bring back memories. Our wedding was much like a garden theme. It was one of my dreams as a bride to walk barefoot through a real rose covered isle. My flower girls did too and it was precious. Before we walked down it, they undid the greenery for our entrance!! It was definitely a treat to de-pedal (is that a word?) all of the roses and transferring them all to the ceremony too! The reception was also beautiful.
At the end, all of our bridesmaids and groomsmen threw the pedals up in the air as we walked through...love this picture!
My precious friends and sisters.
Here is a snapshot of us at the reception doing the grand march to the A & M fight song!
One of my friends found a survey from another blogger for their anniversary and I thought it was perfect so you could get to know the man that I married!
Isn't he handsome?!
1. Where did you meet?
Well believe it or not, we met when I was 14 about to head on to high school! He was a lifeguard at a pool that we were at and I thought he was so cute! Our parents had known each other before we were born (mom and his mom worked together) so we knew of one another. He had attended a private school up until we met and when I spotted him, that was it!
2. How long did you date before you were married? Since we were 14...quite a bit long! We both went to college separate places and always made it back around one another. We got married when he first got a teaching/coaching job and I was finishing up my internship.
3. How long have you been married?
We have now been married 5 happy years!
4. What does he do that surprises you?
Dustin is always full of surprises! One of the many is how well he knows me and what I like. Here is one of the many examples of how fun he is! For many years he would do something that he called "love fest". He would make up an itinerary (this was maybe for Valentines, anniversary, my birthday, etc) yes an itinerary, that had sentences written for where we were going each couple of hours for me to guess! He would have the whole day planned with great things for us to do and it would only be the 2 of us. Well now that we have missy, we haven't done one since right before we had her. I'm looking forward to another "Love fest" when I can come to terms with leaving Camdyn overnight!
5. What is your favorite feature of his?
Well, I must say his body. :) He is my muscle man and has always been my muscle man!
6. What is your favorite quality of his?
Definitely the way he cares for his family and his job. He is an amazing father and husband. He would do anything for his family and that has been evident in each year that we have been together. He is so goal driven in his job and is wonderful at what he does. I have no doubt that he will be a principal in a few years and be just as great at it as he is at coaching/teaching. (He is currently working on his internship to become principal)
7. Does he have a nickname for you?
Don't laugh...but for many years I have been known as T-Baby to him. We actually heard a man call his girlfriend that in Footlocker when we were in college and ever since, that has been a joke between all of us. T-Baby it is!!
8. What is his favorite color?
Blue...definitely blue. He has tons of shirts with blue in it.
9. What is his favorite food?
He loves Mexican food...fajitas. He also loves my ravioli. I have definitely introduced him to new foods though. He never would eat soups and now he loves soup.
10. What is his favorite sport?
ugh...BASEBALL!!! He is also a great golfer too.
11. When and where was your first kiss?
Well HE was my first real kiss!! ha! It was after one of our dates but not the first one because I'm sure I was terrified.
12. What are your favorite things to do as a couple?
Well before we had our lovebug, we loved going on dates to eat and to a movie. We also would drive around FOREVER when we were younger and just talk and hang out. Now that we have Camdyn, our favorite things to do are to just be together as a family. You will not see us away from her for very long. (We have not made it to that point yet!) We love to cook out and go on Family nights.
13. Do you have children? We have Camdyn Reece and our our sweet little fuzzball, Bozley.
14. Does he have a hidden talent?
It's not hidden to some of us but it might be to you...he is so intelligent! He really is so smart. He graduated from Texas A & M, Magna Cum Laude!! From the direction Camdyn is going...I think she is going to be just like her daddy! He is like my little "google" website!
15. How old is he? 28
16. Who said, "I love you" first?
Awww...he did.
17. What is his favorite type of music?
Definitely country but he likes some rock when he's working out!
18. What do you admire most about him?
How much he loves Camdyn and I. He does anything and everything for us and he always puts us first in his life.
19. Do you think he will read this?
Possibly...if so...we love you!
20. What color are his eyes?Blue and they are perty!
As always, I cannot go without posting a picture of Cam. This is a picture from her most recent photo shoot!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary! Love all the old pictures. :)

Kubin's said...

Congratulation on the 5 years. It was not doubt back in high school that you two would get married and live a very happy life together. Blessings for many more to come.
Love the pictures!