Monday, September 28, 2009

PiNk DaY!

PINK DAY: Definition: Camdyn and mommy taking the day off to spend time together doing whatever we please!

Today Camdyn and I declared it a PINK day and did we have a great time or what! I have been contemplating taking the day off because I am always one who feels guilty for missing a day of work...I guess that is why I was the child who rarely missed a day of school when I was little! On Sunday Cam started getting a runny nose and was sneezing over and over but I think it was a result from the flu shot she got on Friday. So her being a little sick made me even more tempted to stay home and love on her allll day. Here is a brief description of our day :)

First Camdyn and I slept until 9:00...wow did that feel good. Then we got up and had breakfast together and Camdyn ate strawberry oatmeal and bananas. We then watched her new fave...Sesame Street and went outside to swing. When we were done playing she was ready for another nap so I put her down hoping that she would not sleep too long since we were about to go on our picnic. Nope...she slept forever! I cleaned, made pumpkin bread, shopped a little on the internet, got dressed, packed our picnic bag and cleaned some more. I was like a puppy dog...sitting around waiting on her to wake up! Finally the sleeping beauty awoke and we headed out the door. We went to a nearby park and had a picnic while Camdyn grazed her plate and explored her surroundings.

This looks just like a picture I have seen in a magazine some where!

Then we discovered that one of our favorite animals...DUCKS...were swimming nearby!

You can just see the excitement in her face from being so close to her feathery friends. Camdyn always reminds me to appreciate the small things god gives us.


I adore her sweet nature and how she always tries to see what our reactions are when she is excited.




I took one million pictures of her because I just love looking at her so much!


We then went home and cooked the pumpkin bread, played outside some more and then ate it. Camdyn thought it was delicious! She even wanted to dunk it in her milk left over from her cereal. Last we got dressed and headed out to the Homecoming parade in Wylie. Daddy had his players on a fire truck and really wanted us to ride on it but I did not exactly want to be seen riding around the parade on a fire truck. ha! So instead, we took pictures of him while we watched the parade with April and baby Ryder. Camdyn loved looking at Ryder and saying "babaay" over and over.




There is Dustin...center!


Here are 2 friends that live in the flower baskets on our house. Now only if I could have gotten a picture of Camdyn's face when she saw these green little guys for the first time!



I will end with the most sweetest picture ever! This is how I found Camdyn next to her Nanna when she stayed with them for an hour on Saturday.


Heaven!!!

Our day together was great. I love taking the time out of our hectic little lives to enjoy one another. She is by far my BFF :) and I love her!!!!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

What a precious girl! I love the pics with her hair blowing in the wind... little model! It sounds like you had a great day with Cam, but I sure missed you at school. Don't get too used to it!! :)

Amanda said...

What a fun mommy/daughter day! So glad you had a chance to enjoy the day with your sweet girl. You have quite the sleeper on your hands...very nice! :) Next time call us and we will come hang with you girlies too. :)

HowryFamily said...

Aren't those days the best!? You've made me want to make some pumpkin bread! Yummy!!!

The Barner Bunch said...

Looks like you had a fun day with Cam. She's so cute.
I love the last picture of her sleeping. Those leggings are to DIE FOR!