Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Our little farmer's market

My dad has always been a huge outdoor person and a wonderful gardener and landscaper. He definitely has a green thumb!!! Growing up we always had an unbelievable backyard and it was always so much fun to bring friends into the "wow" backyard! Dad has always had a vegetable garden as well. For years I have thought about doing one in our backyard and this summer I decided that I was going to. Camdyn is a lot like me and loves being outside so I thought this was something that we could take care of while also getting some fresh vegetables from it! Dad said it was probably a little late to build one into the ground (we will next year) but that I could have a good one out of a big pot. We all went to Home Depot yesterday and bought some patio vegetable plants and planted them. I'm so excited and I think Dustin was too! He kept trying to get all of these things to add to the pot. I'm a little nervous after they have matured that we might have a huge pile of intertwined veggies since they are all pretty much smooshed together. I'll update you on how our "Farmer's Market" turns out!



Hey! Where is the garden?



Dustin trying to figure out how to plant this biodegradable pot!

Take your pick! We have cilantro (my fav), sweet basil, green bell pepper, a tomato plant and a cucumber plant. After planting all of this, my dad said that a cucumber plant could grow up to 6 feet long...hmmmm....no telling what all of this is going to look like later!!!

Now this could be a post of its own! Here is Camdyn loving on her Bozley. I kept snapping away and got her in the process of her hugging him.
Working herself up for a big hug!!


(Bozley is not about to bite..ha! He is just yawning...wouldn't hurt a fly!)



It's coming.....


Awww...there it is and even a sweet smile to go with it

All done!!!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mommy and Daddy date night!

Here is a little recap from our night out the other night! As usual, Dustin is always a great date! We had so much fun and the Melting Pot is wonderful. If you have not tried it, you should! We went there the night we got engaged :)

This is what our table looked like after a 4 course dinner with fondue!!!

~The happy couple~


We have much to look forward to heading into our weekend! Tonight is "sister night" and we will all be going to eat and to get bubble tea (Melissa's favorite!) Tomorrow is packing time because we will be heading to Austin to see a baseball game this weekend and we are making it into a mini vacation. Father's Day is on Sunday!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I love the "thought" in Dustin's face looking at that plant! Made me laugh! Camdyn is just too cute! Hope y'all are having a great summer!