Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hello friends and farewell to...

The poor boboos (pronounced bah-boos in the Collard family!)...


I thought it was going to be so hard for Camdyn to let go of that nighttime bottle (as I did with the swaddle months ago) since I have always rocked her to sleep while giving it to her but she did fabulous! She has had about 2 bottles a day for a while so I knew it might not be a huge shock to take the daytime one away. I really would not have made this choice this soon but she is definitely getting a little mind of her own and I didn't want her to become too attached to the nighttime one. I first started the adjustment by giving her the milk in her sippy cup while rocking her in the chair...she did super with that and didn't even really want the milk. The next day, I gave it to her after her bath while reading a book and she kept looking up at me and grinning like "mommy, I love this!!". Then we brushed her teeth and she even laid on my shoulder and still let me rock her to sleep! Deep down this was the main reason for me not wanting to let go of the night one because I was afraid that she wouldn't let me rock her before laying her in her bed. :( She did though and it was great. So now our Cam is bottle free...I'm sure if God allows us to, we will be seeing more bottles in about 2 more years. :)

Yesterday, we had a play-date at my best friend April's house with Ryder, Tapley, Stephanie and Hannah. We had such a great time watching the 2 precious babies and the two tots play around the house. Tapley even told Camdyn "Camdyn, you're funny" and it was the cutest thing! He did great pronouncing her name! Camdyn absolutely loved the babies heads, she kept kissing Ryders over and over. I think she liked the baldness of them.

This is the only picture I could get of Cam and Tapley. They were busy that's for sure. Tapley will be 2 in a few days.
Here is adorable Hannah and Ryder.


Camdyn kissing Ryder's head...seriously, I do not tell her to do this, she just goes up to kids and animals and does this!


She will be a great big sister one day!! Hopefully when she is around 3ish??? :)
I have been trying to blog more so that I am not having to post too many random pictures. One of my goals this summer is to upload the blog into a book for memories of her first year. Hmmm...I haven't even nearly finished her scrapbook! Looks like I've got some work to do.


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay Cam! :)

The Barner Bunch said...

Okay...you need to tell me April's address so I can pop in and introduce myself. She might even become a good STROLLER buddy!
What's her husband's name. Matt probably knows him already!!!!