Dustin and I recently made a trip to one of my favorite places ...Barnes and Noble. I have never been a big reader except when I was little and would read every Judy Blume book ever created (love that Ramona Quinby!! ha!) but as I got older, I love reading Christian books. I feel like they help me to settle back into one of my main purposes in life instead of getting caught up in all of the other day to day hassles and routines. They always put everything into perspective and why we are here on earth. Since Dustin and I have been married, Dustin has remained my Christian rock. He always helps me to be a better person. When we were looking at books, he came and brought me a book that he said we were going to start called The Love Dare By Stephen and Alex Kendrick. As I always usually do with him, I went along with it knowing that it would be beneficial.This is a 40 day journey about love. It's about learning and daring to live a life filled with loving relationships and the journey begins with the person who is closer to you; your spouse. It's a journey of exploring and demonstrating genuine love. All it is is taking a little bit of time out of your day (we read it before we go to bed) reading it and then it gives you a dare to do the next day. For example; one day we were reading about how love is kind. The dare for that day was to do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness. This is such simple reading and it's amazing how much it really helps you to re-evaluate your relationship and the words/actions that you express with one another. Having children we always seem to put them first but we need to also be working on building and maintaining a strong relationship with our spouse and God. I promise you, this book will be well worth the 14.99 that you spend!!! We are on day 10 of our book so if you would like to borrow it from us when we are finished, I will GLADLY send it your way. I felt led to tell you about our book and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Now, onto some pictures from last night! Can't make a post without her in it! We went to Olive Garden to eat and then we ran to Fire Wheel to get a Bubble tea. I have been craving this since the night my sisters and I went. Fun night! Also, this little girl below slept until 9:00 this morning...WOW!

6 comments:
I LOVE HER OUTFIT! And I'm dying to know what bubble tea is?
adorably!! Sometimes I think she looks exactly like Dustin!
Matt and I watch the movie that was based off the book you're reading. It had Kirk Cameron in it, but the movie (I thought) was great!
My sis is reading the book and I'm waiting to get it from her.
Fireproof was the name of the movie! You should watch it after reading the book.
Ummmm how did you get Cam to sleep until 9:00??? Congrats!!!
Cam is so cute! She has the cutest little outfits!!
Did you guys get one book or two? I ordered one, but I have a friend who recommended getting two, what do you think??
Thanks for the Love Dare suggestion. I bought it today and we begin our 1st dare tomorrow. This might be just what we needed. Thanks Taren!
Post a Comment