Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer time and Maddyn update

What a busy day we had today! My sisters and a total of 3 kids packed in my car and headed to where we grew up to enjoy some food at a downtown bakery and did a little shopping. We laughed about how they now have some cute shops there and hardly had anything when we lived there!

As all summers are...this has been a great one. We have gone and gone on some days and then relaxed and enjoyed playing around the house. Here is a brief (hmm..we shall see if I can keep it "brief") post on what we have been up to.

Camdyn took private swim lessons last week every morning at 9:00. That was a great decision since she was not fond of the water after gulping a ton down a few days prior on accident! This got her used to the water again (as the previous 2 years she was a little fearless fish!) and now she is back to normal but actually using the skills that she was taught.--big bubbles, big kicks and big arms! We will definitely continue this each Summer until she has fully mastered swimming.



This little girls daddy also surprised her with a sandbox underneath her play yard. She was very excited until she realized that the colors would mix and that she would get a grain of sand on her hand. :) I cannot express how much of a clean kid this girl is. She rarely came home with a speck of food on her clothes from school/sitter and this is a child I can buy a solid white shirt for and I know she will still keep it clean! ha! We laugh and say that our Maddyn is going to be a messy little pig.

She is getting used to it and realizing that it is sand and not mud that she is getting into.


Isn't it just so pretty?! I love how he did the colors and the colors that he chose.

We have been having many "family dates" out to just enjoy each other and right now everything is so simple with just us and a 3 year old. We know our life will be a little more hectic in a few months (but a great hectic!!) so we are enjoying our time as a family of 3. The other day we headed to Maddyn's appointment, did some shopping for her room (I am obsessed with Anthropologie but can usually only shop the sales!) , went to dinner and then watched a movie at our neighborhood park. What a fun day/night we had!


Maddyn has also been on our minds a lot this Summer so I cannot forget to mention her little life that is growing as we speak! :)

I am now 30 weeks -2 weeks shy of being 8 months! and we got to see our precious at my 27 almost 28 week sonogram. That is an extensive sonogram where they check the functioning of each of her organs and make sure her little home is doing great as well.



Isn't she just a beauty!

This is very similar to Camdyn's sonogram so we will see if they look alike in a few months. The doctor said she looked wonderful and then asked me when my due date was. I told him and he smiled and said that she was a big girl and was actually measuring around 31 weeks (keep in mind I was 27). She was already a little over 3 pounds. For some reason Dustin and I must make some large babies...ha! That's okay...sister was 9.2 so we will be used to that size if she is on the large end. I will get one more detailed sono at 37 weeks to make sure she is doing okay in this belly of mine. :) Maddyn Chayse is one active little girl! She is always moving and I love every minute of it! Camdyn loves talking to her and the conversation was adorable the other night. She was actually whispering to my stomach and telling her that we got her some new socks and then using her "baby voice" to tell her how ready she was to see her. Love it!

Her room has been a BIG part of our Summer. I have not taken pictures of much because we are doing a lot to the walls/getting carpet cleaned so we can't get anything done and put up until that is done. The walls should hopefully be finished by this weekend so we can start to see a sweet sweet room form. I did however take this picture for Melissa to see some coloring that we are using and I love it. It's heavenly to me :)


The lovely in the back is her bumper pads that I had made and then she has a flowing dust ruffle to match it. Such soft colors...

Here are a few pictures of Camdyn (and somehow I snuck in a few and Dustin's leg!)





Time to get dinner ready...Dustin is doing Tilapia on the grill---my FAVORITE!!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Those pillows are to die for cute!!!! Wow, you don't have much longer. WOOHOOO!!!!

Jennifer said...

I love Maddyn's room goodies! Where did you find the fabulous lamp? So cute! Can't wait to see it all put together!