Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fresh squeezed "lemonlade"!

As I type this, my big girl decided to fall asleep on the couch watching her favorite movie-"Tangled". That girl adores that movie and I can see why.

She has her glass of milk next to her and all snuggled up so I thought I would do a quick post.

Before summer began, I made up a list of things to do each day or a "go to" list if she were to get tired of just hanging out with me :) or I wanted something planned for her. Camdyn is somewhat like me and has to be going and going a lot of her day. We love to sit and relax but we both usually have to be doing something! So one thing I added to our list is to make fresh squeezed lemonade! She was super excited about making this and kept telling her daddy that she was going to make "fresh squeezed lemonlade"...love 3 year old talk. Dustin went to the store and got a 2 pound bag of lemons.




Not really being able to guess how much we could squeeze from that, I thought for sure that it would make about 2 cups of lemon juice for what our recipe called for. Nope...2 lbs made only 1 full cup!! All I had to do though is half the recipe and I still made a good glass pitcher to last us a few days.




Don't think it didn't cross my mind to add some of the bottle of lemon juice that we had in our refrigerator to it but I KNEW it wouldn't taste near the same!




I went to Target the night before and looked at their strainers but I wasn't really up for spending 15 dollars on it. After squeezing that many lemons, I might just go and purchase one. :)









She was so excited when it was all finished and she took her glass to Daddy for him to have a taste.



Love how she has a face of anticipation if he is going to like it or not!




All of you Canton friends who get the lemonade at the booths...this is identical to it! It's good ole Paula Deen's recipe! When I split it in half though I didn't put 8 cups of water...I put about 6.

Ingredients
2 cups sugar
1 cup hot water
2 cups fresh lemon juice
1 gallon cold water
1 lemon, sliced
Mint sprigs, for garnish
Directions
In a 1 gallon container, place sugar and hot water, and stir until sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice and cold water to render 1 gallon. Stir until well mixed. Pour lemonade over glasses of ice, squeeze slice of lemon on top of each, and garnish with a sprig of mint.





Had to have a glass before lunch and with lunch!


Speaking of lunch...this has been my favorite lunch lately or what Maddyn is craving! A turkey sandwich on wheat bread/mustard, with string cheese, natural potato chips with sea salt and peppers from our garden! I think I have eaten this over the past 4 days!




Now, for my new blog header! I kept looking at my previous one and thinking that it screamed Winter so I took Camdyn outside and snapped a few pictures of her for a new fresh "Summer look" :) I LOVE it! This one would have made it but it wasn't long enough with the dimensions that I needed but I love how sweet she looks.





This was so perfect too and I love that it has both of my girls in it!


Up next I will give an update on our Maddy...God has blessed us so far with a perfectly healthy little girl that we cannot wait to meet.

No comments: