Monday, December 7, 2009

Just another great weekend

Well it was just another great weekend! We did not have a lot of plans and sometimes those make some of the best weekends. We literally sat back and enjoyed staying warm and spending our time together. I took some pictures of Camdyn before church because she looked like a snow bunny to me :)











World's longest tongue!

I love how much Camdyn enjoys going to church now...just the mention of the word "church" and she gets so excited. When we drop her off she opens her arms wide to the sweet girl that is always waiting on Camdyn. I'm so happy that I get to keep my mind on the message instead of wandering off thinking if she is doing good or is happy!
I realized when I picked her up that she is growing up so so fast. When we went to get her, her teacher opened the door and there came my little girl with her little coat on, fur boots, while holding her backpack on her back and smiling. She completely walked out of the nursery like she was such a big girl. Miss independent!
The message was very good but a little amusing at the same time and I thought I would share a bit. Our pastor was talking about how Christmas is now a little "over the top" and it should be extravagant but in a different way than it is sometimes displayed. He also talked about the first man who put Christmas lights on his house and how he did this to make others in his neighborhood/town feel happy. (a very sweet story that I am going to share with my class) and now how far technology has become so advanced in every way (blowups, music to lights, etc). Well one way was.............gifts for others. I had to show you what he was saying that was in the Neiman Marcus Christmas book...I could not believe that these are gifts that people put in a magazine for others to buy!
Would you like this????
A sports aircraft for 250,000???
Or my favorite....

A cupcake car that goes 7 mph?? (Is that Dustin I see in the first car?? he he! )
The whole point of his message was to keep our focus on Jesus and how he lived a life just like us and how God brought him into the world for us through his birth on Christmas.
Along those lines...I was very excited that I finally found a nativity scene that I wanted. I wanted something different that would match our house and I found this at one of my favorite coffee shops for only 10 bucks!
I stare at it all the time!
I now leave you with 2 pictures of my wild little indian.
I got the itch to sew something last night so I was picking out all of the material that I wanted to use so I could get started on it once Camdyn went to bed. WELL, while I was doing it I was pretty much oblivious to what SHE was doing to ME. By the time I was done, she had put about every piece of fabric that was out, on top of my head. Thanks Cam!


Then I walked by the computer room and this is what I saw...


Yep, this is the life that we now live!!! Oh and am I loving it!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute pics! We have that same little dress. :)

Kaci said...

That last picture is hilarious!

Heather said...

The last two pictures are hilarious! Camdyn is so fun!

Jennifer said...

I love the pictures of her being silly! Isn't it a fun age? Her little boots are so cute too!