Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Now that Thanksgiving has passed only means that the Christmas season is in full swing!
We got a start on our Christmas decorating the day after Thanksgiving so we could enjoy it as long as possible. I cheated a bit and Cam and I have been listening to Christmas music a week prior to Thanksgiving :)
The day of we went and did our usual "ornament picking out" tradition. It is always very interesting to see what Camdyn AND my husband pick out. Camdyn literally insisted that she get this massive ball. Please look at the size of it in comparison to our other balls. I even tried to do a little persuading for a smaller ball but that is what this is all about...seeing what her little personality picks out! I love what Camdyn picked out last year and how she now loves fish. It's so cute to think that a year ago she didn't really know what a fish was and she still picked it out and this year she loves fish!

I picked out something that looks like I made it! Looks like it has been decoupaged!

This is what Dustin picked out..my very "festive" husband :)
The next night Camdyn got to decorate her own tree that she also helped with last year. She was so precious placing the balls on her tree very gently. However, poor baby girl kept trying to pick her pink tree up and carry it around and then all of the ornaments would fall off. We had to make sure to put her tree on the dresser for her to view.



Last year her Aunt Nene gave her a sweet little pair of porcelain shoes that we put on her tree each year. Camdyn loved them and kept trying them on :)




Camdyn is very proud of her decorations and ooohh and awwws over them when we turn on the lights and tree for her. This is my favorite part of the living room...our fire place. It just looks and feels so cozy!
Unfortunately the "Stockings are NOT hung by the chimney with care..." We have our stockings ready and we are now waiting on Camdyn's. We decided to purchase new ones this year :)



I absolutely adore this reindeer! By far one of my favorite decorations.

Dustin wanted to get a huge blow up decoration last year and I wasn't too sure we should do that just yet. This year he talked me into getting a big Santa. (Remember...he's the festive one in the family!) Camdyn enjoys him and I think he adds a little fun to the front yard. When Camdyn sees him during the day and he is deflated she always says "ugh oh"...she feels sorry for her Santa when he is not alive.



We also have been getting bundled up and taking many trips outside to walk around the neighborhood to see the other pretty lights!
Love this attire!
Camdyn left this hat and scarf on herself about an hour 1/2 after we came inside...she loves being bundled up I guess!
In the picture below, Camdyn thought she saw Santa!!!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet pics of Cam! Love looking at the ornaments you all pick out every year. The house looks soooo pretty!