Friday, October 16, 2009

A little bit of this and that!

Hello! It's Friday, time for a Camdyn update! We have had a super quick week and now let the weekend begin. This post has a bit of everything on it including pictures, memories and a little green eyed girl who is growing up!

We have been taking advantage of this beautiful weather (the last 3 days) by going for walks. It is also a couple of weeks until Halloween and many people in our neighborhood decorate with blow up cats and other animals so Camdyn LOVES to look at them. We also have a friend (a basset hound) who we adore down the street. She comes to the fence when we walk by to say hello to her and she is the most loving little thing. She howls every time we leave and Camdyn always gets to get out of her stroller to pet her.


Camdyn all bundled up for her walk!



Camdyn is growing up soooo fast. Her and I are able to form such a special relationship the older she gets. It's so great to not feel lonely when Dustin is gone anymore...I have my little friend with me at all times! (However, she sometimes feels like my enemy when I go to pick her up at Sherry's-ha!, she tells me bye so that she can stay longer at her house with the boys!) Here are a few memories of my Cam Ham and examples of her growing up! Feel free to skip them since they are long!


*(A little bathroom humor!) A few months ago Camdyn started showing interest in pottying. I am not one to push something like this, so for fun, we sometimes have her sit on the potty before her bath. Well, each time I put her on there I will tell her to go potty and the sweet little thing will smile and push so hard while making a noise just to get a little tinkle out and as a result she makes another little noise (toot toot!) Dustin and I die laughing each time she does this!


*We have noticed her watching every little move that we make! She watches me while I eat and when I'm doing things around the house and picks up on many things very quickly. She has now started throwing things away in the trash when I ask her to and every time I give her a snack to eat, she grabs a little pink plate or a pink napkin and carries it around with her. We also just bought a really good thermometer that you just put on their head for a few seconds and it reads their temperature. Look who picked up on this!



Sherry caught her taking her temp the other day!

*Camdyn now knows when to use the word ewww and she will say it at the right time and the face comes a long with it. Sooo cute.

*The other morning we were driving to work and talking and I was saying some family members names and she was saying them back to me and then I got to her saying Nanna and she said "popee" instead. It was so cute that she associated Nanna with Popee and said his name instead.

*The boys always keep Camdyn entertained and I'm sure it is such a treat to come home and be able to play with them before I pick her up since we have NO little boys in our family. Jared does a really good cartwheel for Camdyn a lot outside and Camdyn will always giggle. Well she has started trying to do a cartwheel and I am amazed at how she starts it out...it seriously looks like she is about to do one!! Here is a picture of them reading together the other day...love it!

*Another little thing that I am proud of her on involves her beloved paci. When she was little she never really cared much for it. I was so glad when she started showing interest in wanting it since it was such a soothing thing for me when I was little. (I think I had it until I was 3!!) Well that was one thing that I was going to let her have until I was able to create a story for her and she could understand why I was taking it away from her...paci fairy?? Anyone listen to Kelly Rasberry in the morning? :) Lately she has shown a little less interest in it. We usually only have it in the car or at bedtime but the past few days we have not used it in the car or while going to bed. I still leave it in in her bed just in case she wants it but she is doing it all on her own. We will see!


*Camdyn is starting to try to talk a lot and we are understanding her little voice more and more each day. She is great at saying the first few syllables of a word and some words are crystal clear. Occasionally we get "Camdyn language" that is pretty amusing to hear!


We have a big week ahead of us! We have our 2nd annual Halloween baby party, a downtown carnival, school carnival, and then our family pictures on Saturday. I think I see a week full of sweets for Camdyn!


"Have a GREAT weekend" Love, Camdyn Reece

5 comments:

The Barner Bunch said...

Okay, I read your post and didn't realize that you were trying to ditch the paci too! Great idea to use the PACI Fairy! I hope it works.
We've clipped off the sucker part of B's paci and I laughed at his expression when he tried to suck on it.
He still wants to hold it/chew on it before bed, but I'm like you...I hope it eventually disappears without a fight.

Taren said...

No, we haven't officially tried to get rid of it and probalby won't for a while...I am just not offering it unless she decides she wants it. Right now I leave it in her bed in case she needs it in the night!

Amanda said...

Love all the pictures! Cam is such a pretty little thing. :)

Haha! Ella lets out toots too when she tries to use the potty...we crack up all the time. Love it!

About the paci Amy and Taren...my sister did the paci fairy with her son and he was about 3. They attached all his pacis to balloons and sent them off to her. I thought this was a cute idea! We just got rid of ours early because Ella is talking SO much that we were afraid that it would mess up her words or her teeth. (Our dr. also suggested getting rid of it soon too.) Take your time...you know what your little one needs. :)

ji said...

Hi Taren...thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! It's actually funny b/c I found your blog through your sisters some time ago and have been checking in ever since! I was actually going to comment this last post b/c I just ADORE Camdyn's little outfit she has on in the last few pics...is it from Etsy?? So So cute!! :)
Have a great day! :)

Kubin's said...

That last picture is adorable!! My how they grow up so fast.