Sunday, August 9, 2009

Family time

Yesterday was our last Saturday together as a "work free" family! Aww...how nice it has been as a family of 3 of no worries and making memories of our summer! Friday it will be time to head back into (as Pastor Stroope would say) our new life "season". We decided to make Saturday a great family day and just go until we could go no more and we had a blast! Cam slept late as usual as I got a few errands done in the morning and then we got dressed and headed to North Park. We just shopped around (for Camdyn and Daddy) because I wasn't in the mood to shop for me. (Anyone else have this problem?!) The mall was really enjoyable with Camdyn especially when we found stores that had stuffed animals. I'm telling you...this chica is in love with anything furry! As long as one is with her in her stroller...she is good to go! We then decided to eat at P.F. Changs and Camdyn enjoyed eating some crispy wontons. :) Afterwards since she was still in a great mood we drove over to Knox & Henderson and got some frozen custard at Wild About Harry's. This place was DELICIOUS! Camdyn now definitely knows the word ice-cream and will giggle and smile anytime this word is mentioned around her little ears. She had coconut custard! Last we went and looked around the cute stores on the strip and ended up at Froggy's. This store is so much fun. One part of it is a toy store with very interesting toys and we all stayed in there for over half an hour playing with them all!! It was such a great day and night just to spend together. Next Saturday will be just as good because Dustin and I already have arrangements to go to dinner and see The Time Traveler's Wife! This date night will just be the two of us but we are still super excited!!!
I now leave you with some pictures we took of us before we headed out.


Oh how I love the toile material! It also helps that the material was on clearance for about 4 bucks! I made it a bit big but it wasn't obvious... Cheap dress hugh?

As I write this post tonight is the last night of our 40 day Love Dare :( It saddens me that it is over because it was such an umbelievable book. I would still recommend it to anyone and everyone! We are in a search for a new one to start so I will share if we find a good one.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Her dress is precious! I think I need a sewing machine! :) Sounds like a fun day-shopping and PF Chang's is my favorite!

Oh, and the theme for Landree's party this year is easy :) I will be literally days away from baby Hudson. We are swimming and having snacks and cotton candy for goodies. I wanted to do a sweet theme, but the pool worked out better for our activity because it will be a million degrees out.

Amanda said...

North Park, PF Chang's, Harry's, and Froggy's in one day = wonderful! Those are all great places!!! Glad you all had fun on your family day. :)

Love the dress too, Granny T. Hahaha!