Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to you!

Camdyn is now a one year old and I cannot believe it. As we all say...it's very hard to imagine that this time has come so fast. A year ago ago at this exact time, I was in the recovery room waiting eagerly to see the little girl that would change my life forever. I will never forget waiting and waiting for the nurse to bring her to me so I could just hold that 9 pd baby in my arms for the first time. About 2 hours later, they wheeled her in the room in her little cart and all I could hear was that sweet hungry girl sucking on her 2 middle fingers and wanting her mommy to feed her. That was the best feeling in the world getting her and knowing that God had created this perfect baby that we would love with everything that we had and it only got better from there. Here she is in her first picture taken in the hospital and one after being home for a few days. :)
Camdyn had her birthday yesterday and awoke in the morning with "cotton candy" in her bed! I love pinks and blues so we gave her some cotton candy to wake up to. Dustin came and got me when it was time to wake her up (since he does his daddy/daughter time with her in the morning) and we came into her room singing happy birthday after the balloons were already put in her bed. Poor thing popped right up and was wondering what in the world was going on. She just had those squinty eyes for a while and then she didn't want to leave all of the balloons that had mysteriously appeared in her bed!
Here is right when we turned her fan off and sang to her


She loves her cotton candy balloons!

She threw it in the air...love this picture!


We then had a very busy day ahead of us. Camdyn went with me to see Baby Kate who is a little doll at the hospital and then we rushed home for the baseball team dinner that they were going to celebrate Cam's birthday but by the time we got home it was pretty late and she was getting tired so we went ahead and decided not go. I got some cute pictures of her in the birthday girl dress that Melissa got for her. I thought it was so cute and she wore it allll day!

We then got into her cake a little but since it was almost bed time we didn't get too crazy with it. We might be saving that for next Saturday night after her birthday bash!


Now, here are some fabulous things Camdyn is doing now that we adore about her! (You don't have to read all of this...mainly for me to keep up with!)

*You love to twirl mommas hair when you go to sleep at night
*When you get sleepy, you will lay your head on me, daddy or Bozley...we love this!
*You can light up a room with your precious face! Everyone is always talking about how many facial expressions you make and how you can talk with those eyes of yours!
*You are usually such a great girl when we go out to dinner. We even had someone come up to us and ask us how we trained you to be that way!
*You still have such a loving way about you and you are very gentle with everyone around you.
*You love to play outside and walk up and down steps.
*You absolutely love it when I tell you that daddy is walking through the door...your face beams
*I look so forward to taking you to school with me everyday especially now that you are facing forward in your car seat! We sing and talk all the way there and I reach back and rub on those thighs and you always laugh.
*I love that tan skin of yours and those huge eyes!
*You are getting so tall now.
*You are down to 3 bottles a day.
*You still sleep perfectly through the night.
*You go directly to bed every night no later than 7:30.
*I love the way that you point at everything.
*Your favorite words to try to say are:
Ball- "bah"
Dada
Bozley- "baaaaaah"
Hi
Baby-"daby" or sometime "Bady"
Ugh oh!- usually "ugh"

*When we tell you to go "seepy" you always lean your head to the side and pretend to go to sleep.
*You now know how to tell us no by shaking your head if you don't want something.
*You have learned to sign "more" when you want more of something.
*You just started putting things over your face and saying "aaaahhh boo!" and lowering it when you get to boo
*When I ask you if I can have something you always share it with me no matter what it is!! You get a kick out of me asking to have some of your passy and when I actually take it from you!
*You have started to understand so many things that I tell or ask you. I can tell by your sweet reactions.
*You have started to wave all the time at people and say hi to them.
*When you get mommy's brush you pretend to brush your hair and also talk on your play phone.
*You are a little climber now!
*You can pretty much figure anything out by exploring it...for example, how to turn the volume up and down on the dvd player, turn light switches on and off, unlock the gate (this is amazing to me to watch!) and turn the computer on.
*You can run now and walk up and down steps so good!
*Every time you go to Nana's and Papa's you always walk up to the picture of Daddy and I on the fire-place and point and smile to Daddy and say "dadda" over and over. It is the most sweetest thing to hear and see you react to seeing daddy's face.
*You still love to carry remotes around the house and we have to search for them after we have put you to bed.


Wow...that was a lot to jot down but she is a growing girl!

Camdyn will be celebrating her birthday next weekend! I'm still trying to get everything organized for it. I love birthday parties...can't wait!


4 comments:

Kate, Drew, and Em said...

Taren, she is getting so big! What a cutie! Em will be 2 in 3 weeks. It goes so fast! Hope you all are doing well! Tell her happy birthday!

HowryFamily said...

Happy Birthday Cam!!!

I love the pics of her in bed with her balloons:) there's nothing better than squinty morning baby eyes!!!

Amanda said...

Love the pictures of her in her birthday dress! Hope you had a great bday Cam!

We had fun today with you both!:)

The Barner Bunch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.