Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring (Break) has sprung!

Well our long awaited Spring Break is finally here and started! I'm so glad it was not last week due to the nasty weather. We have already started our break out with a bang! On Saturday we had a great day. I had cheerleading try-outs and then we headed to North Park to meet Dustin's parents to shop around and for dinner at Cheesecake Factory. We had about a 45 minute wait (yep!) so we headed down to our Favorite...Barnes and Noble and Cam and I went and spent about 30 minutes looking at the kid books...I could get lost in that place...I love it. Camdyn had a great time too talking to a sweet little girl who was in third grade while I hunted for her some books. We headed back to dinner and if you have not found out about this "complimentary child's plate" you need to!! That's all you ask for is the child's plate and they bring out a little plate before the meal for them to snack on. It has little diced up bananas and slices of bread for your little ones. Missy loved it! She ate all of her nanners and she was a perfect angel.

Sunday was a great day except for the um...nursery. This was Camdyn's first time to attend the nursery and she was not very fond of it. They finally had to page us on our "pager" for us to come and check on her since she was so upset. When I came in, I found the poor thing with her head buried in a ladies chest and crying very hard. I felt so bad for her. She is a very observant little girl and I'm sure she was wondering who in the world all of these people were that her parents had left her with. Needless to say, I'm not sure if I will be doing that again anytime soon. Looks like we will be spending more time in the hospitality center...oh well, I think God will understand if we only hear bits and pieces of the message while we chase our daughter around?? :)

Here are some recent pictures taken to give you a little taste of what's been going on with us!

I think I recently mentioned us having to get used to wearing some shoes while walking so I have been letting Cam wear her shoes occasionally around the house. These are the new ones that are not a size too big like all of the other ones so she is a smooth walker in these.


Dustin was on the treadmill and I didn't want "shoe girl" to try to get on there with him so I had to close the french doors and this was pretty funny...daddy on the treadmill, Bozley trying to get out and Camdyn trying to get in.

On Sunday after church we went to Target and I got Camdyn a toy that I thought she would love, instead she cries and runs away every time he makes a noise or she touches him. The predator is in the back and she is trying to escape!

Very scary I know...I think she was still thinking about the church nursery :(

I had to get my camera out for this one! I knew little diggers were good for something! Camdyn came in the room today carrying a dollar bill and her blankie. We took it away and then she came back into the room carrying more! I found out that she was getting it from an old diaper bag!



I was Betty Crocker today or maybe Martha and I made one of these healthy snacks that a little girl brought for a snack in my class last Thursday. I asked her mom for the recipe because they looked delicious and I made them today while Cam was digging for money (just kidding!) I did make them though after she went down for a nap. I took a picture of the recipe and I'm hoping if you would like it, you can click to make the picture larger. Since Camdyn can't have honey yet I'm "practicing" making them for Dustin and I!!


Last but not least, Ashley, Amanda, Camdyn, Ella and I went tonight to eat at Zanatas and I was excited that none of us had plans. Camdyn has been perfect when we have gone out to eat lately, she had had 2 good naps and I just KNEW she was going to be her happy self, well not for long :( She wasn't in a very good mood and I knew something was wrong when she wouldn't eat her bananas. We still had a good time for the short time she was calm. Sorry Amanda and Ella! Here she is in a good mood at home :)

Camdyn Reece talking with Bozley while he was outside. She looks like she is saying "Listen here you furry dog!"

I think Bozley talked back during this picture!

And here is Camdyn who looks identical to her daddy here

See the resemblance anyone??? I love this picture of him...he looks like a ham!


5 comments:

Amanda said...

such sweet pictures! She is getting so big! and YUM! Those look good!

Amber said...

I bought that peguin toy for Helee, he didn't care for it either...I had to return it! Who knew that peguins were so scary!! lol...She is just so precious, Taren! Hope yall have a great week together!

Kubin's said...

She's so cute! I have the same penguin toy for Kynlie and she seems to like it, sometimes.
Have a fun spring break. You're so lucky to get to spend a week off with your sweet girl!
Christie

HowryFamily said...

I'm going to have to try that recipe!!! And Emma has those shoes too... we LOVE Them!! Every time you post new pics she just looks more and more like a little girl and less like a baby! I love her!

Amanda said...

We had fun at dinner with you and Cam! Glad we could all do it. :) As always, Camdyn looks so sweet in all her pictures!