Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful.

Good morning! I'm joining in on the "linky party" over at What the Teacher Wants! What a better time to list some things that I am thankful for! You can also read below what makes me weird, happy, sad, etc. :)








1. What are you most thankful for in your classroom?

My long-term sub! After recently having my sweet Maddyn, I was able to spend 12 weeks at home with her and know that my class was taken care of. She was awesome and she has made the adjustment back, so much easier! I have a feeling it will be as if I had never left.

2. Who are you most thankful for?

I must say that I could go on and on for WHO I am thankful for. Each person that god has brought into my life has helped me become the person that I am. If I had to choose 3 people :) It would without a doubt be Dustin, Camdyn and Maddyn.

My husband completes me in every way. His is extremely patient and loves with everything that he has. He is continuously coming home with sweet surprises for us and always puts us first. We have literally grown up together (I was 14 when we met) so we have also shaped one another. I love this man and I could never live life without him.
Oh my sweet girls... Having Maddyn has made life even better and I didn't think it could get much better. God has blessed us with the sweetest most prettiest little girls. I. Adore. Them. They both have their own special personalities that have stolen our hearts.



3. What 3 blogs are you most thankful for??

All of the ones on my side bar are my FAVORITES! I especially love the Money Saving Tips one, get some great ides from The First Grade Parade and What the Teacher Wants and a new favorite is The 36th Avenue. Can I add Pinterest to that?!!

4. What guilty pleasure are you most thankful for?
Hmmm... A guilty pleasure is something you shouldn't like but you like it anyway. I don't necessarily have anything like that but I might have some things that I like that might add the calories, take time out of my day or cause me to spend money!
Here we go...
-----Target, yep, Target. I DIE in that store. I could easily close my eyes and pick something out and I guarantee you, I would probably like it. ESPECIALLY in the children's clothing section. OH. My. Word!
----Cheese sticks with ranch AND maybe a small DP as well...this is the one that adds the calories if consumed too much :)
----Big Brother, the best reality t.v show EVER. This consumes my Summer 3 days a week BUT I think it is okay since I spend this time with my husband curled up in the living room together. He's hooked too
----Pinterest...I am now hooked. I stayed away for a while and now I'm hooked. I'm proud to say though that I sometimes choose to stay away for a day or two and then when I'm on, I limit my time so it does not completely hook me in! ha! (Just realized that I just used the word "hooked" about a million times!)

5. What are you most thankful for?

Are you ready for this list? I feel like this might be my acceptance speech :)

*My health and my families health. I never take this for granted. I thank god every day that I get to spend another day with my family.
*My church and savior. I love everything about the church that has become our church home. I adored my church where I grew up in and now I am happy that I have a church that I love as much as the one I did growing up. I am so excited to watch my angels make it through each of the nurseries/Sunday schools and eventually join the youth group.
*My parents for raising me and molding me into the person I am today.
*My very best friends. My true best friends are the most genuine and real people. I love that they don't have a jeolous bone in their body, sweet as can be and we always remain best friends even if we haven't seen or spoken to one another in a while. When we are together we always have a ton to laugh at or talk about. I love how a few of my best friends have been life long friends that I have known growing up and some I have met through college or through teaching. I love that I NEVER have to wonder if they are happy for me and I always find joy in their successes as they do for me.
*My girl's sitter. Her keeping my babies during the day has given me the opportunity to teach and make a difference in a child's life while providing for my family. Being able to give my girls everything that they could hope for (while keeping them humble) and giving them the opportunity to attend a great college when they get older, makes me smile.
*My in-laws. They are very giving and would do anything for us. My mother-in-law drops everything to come and keep my girls if someone is sick or just for Dustin and I to go on a date. My father-in-law helps me with so many of my projects around the house and enjoys it too!
*Box fans, swaddles and pacifiers :) These I believe are the 3 perfect combinations in helping my babies sleep through the night at such an early age.
*A rocking chair--I have rocked my girls since they have been born and I love every minute of it. I will rock them most likely until they leave my nest. ha!
*Self tanner/mystic tan. I love whoever created this wonderful stuff! One day you are white and the next day you look like you have been to the beach! This also keeps my skin away from tanning beds :)
*My iphone--thanks to this, I am able to document the lives of my children through pictures and videos. I also have easy access to anything I need at that moment.
*Camdyn's teachers. She has had the same two teachers for 2 years now and I love how much they love her and accept her fun loving personality!
*Coffee creamer. I owe this all to Dustin. In college Dustin introduced me to my first cup of coffee with creamer. I about died on how delicious it was. Ever since then, I have had a cup of coffee almost every morning with cream in it. I like to change my coffee into the color white---that means I successfully put enough creamer into it!
*Candles-- these are my most favorite thing in my home to make my house cozy. I have way too many and I get excited when I find a new one.

That's all! Thanks for reading what I am thankful for. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

What a cute post!!!! I too LOVE PInterest and Target!!!!!!!! Yeah for 12 weeks at home!!!!

Rachelle said...

Ok, seriously girl...YOU ARE ADORABLE!

You are your cute little family made my heart melt. And you thankful list...WOW! You said it well!

Thank you for linking up!
-Rachelle
whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

Ginger Snaps said...

I know this might sound a little creepy or weird, but I think my best friend Jennifer Wos and you taught together. Maybe I have the wrong Taren, but anyway, I just found your blog and I love it!