Friday, November 18, 2011

Halloween and my 2 babies/Crafts!



Back to uploading pictures from my camera! Love the look of them much much better. I have a few from Halloween from my phone but most of them are from my good ole Nikon. :)

This was Maddyn's first Halloween! She didn't get to partake in the trick-or-treating because I wanted her to enjoy the warmth of her own home-- so Nanna rocked her and let her enjoy Maddyn's "trick-or-treating" on Nanna's shoulder, fast asleep.




However, Big sister has fun with ANYTHING and EVERYTHING she does! I love how much she enjoys life. She was a little more hesitant this year with some of the "spooky" decorations in our neighborhood but all in all, she had a great time and came home with a big loot of candy. Every morning (no lie) she will go and pick out a piece of candy that she is going to eat after lunch and then one after dinner and she will display them around the house or carry them with her wherever she goes. :)



Meet "Olivia"...Camdyn LOVES Olivia so it was no shock when she decided this was what she wanted to be for Halloween. Love how excited she is in this picture











Notice her scared face :) She was afraid of the green witch below!








Camdyn lays by Maddyn all the time and Maddyn is always watching every move that Camdyn makes. I adore these 2 sisters







Below: This is a bit scary! Maddyn looks just like a baby doll here! What do you think?!


If Camdyn's not around, Maddy always has a friend to watch a little t.v with thanks to big sister!


One of Cam's favorite books is The Very Hungry Caterpillar. She got to make her own Very Hungry Caterpillar the other day during our craft time. Cute little guy!







These are MY recent crafts around the house!


Mom and dad are building a beautiful new home out in the country and I happened to find a piece of wood that was perfectly cut. It's about 4 foot tall and such a good piece of wood. I put some chalkboard paint on it and made a chalkboard menu for our kitchen! I have been wanting one to put our weekly menu on. I sure do love how Friday and Saturdays are left blank...family eating out time! (and the Pei Wei...we had a buy one get one free entree but sadly it had expired..Boo)


Also, my sister took some great pictures of the girls and Maddy when she was a newborn. I needed some frames but really didn't want to buy so many 8x10 frames. BUT I have a ton of bead board left from Maddyn's room so my father-in-law cut it for me. I put a little stain on the boards, 8x10 pictures on foam board and there you have it! 4 new frames! I. LOVE. THESE. FRAMES! Now I just need to get them hung.


I also needed a new wreath for our front door because someone took mine off my door last year! Yep, they stole my Christmas wreath. I made this one and it took me about 10 minutes to make it. Dustin said that someone is definitely going to want to take this one too, so I guess that means that he likes it! :) They better not!







One more other project (thanks to Pinterest) that is my all time favorite! I love my jewelry but there were times that I couldn't remember what I had because it was not organized how I would like it to be. Not anymore!! I painted me some peg board from Lowes, bought some hooks, put a pretty coat of paint on it and here is my new "jewelry box"!! ADORE! I can now stand in my closet and see all of my pretties.






That's a lot of projects hugh?! You can get a lot done during naptime or the weekends!



I also have a new cleaning schedule that helps me so much. All you do is clean about 30 minutes each day and by the end of the week, you have a clean (or touched) house. For instance, on Monday's I dust, Tuesdays I vaccuum the house, Wednesdays I clean the front bathroom, Thursdays I clean my bathroom and organize my closet and Friday's I clean the kitchen and wipe it down/sanitize it. Then when it is the weekend, I don't have much to do! I usually just get the girls sheets and clothes washed. I obviously have to pick up little messes and toys throughout the day but at least the not-so-fun stuff gets done in small increments.



I have a pretty little 3 year old waiting to play with me--Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Your little "bootiful" baby and "Olivia" are tooo stinkin' cute!!!!!

Letty said...

Omg!!!! Your babies are sooo adorable. They look alot alike, and yes she does really look like a baby doll in that picture that is so crazy. You really are a beautiful family, I wish I can be as creative as you. God bless you all.

Megan said...

Love all your projects!!! And I agree, those babies are just too precious for words!!