Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Father's day recap and TEA PARTY!

I am rushing...rushing to get this blog caught up with-I mustn't leave anything out of it for the sake of memories for C!! :)
Camdyn is currently worn out from playtime at the pool; I snuck a little nap in as well so now I am ready to update our Father's day with all of the special men in our life!
Father's Day was spent with us going to church and then we had Dustin's parents and mine over for shish-kabobs on the grill along with all of the sides. I also made my favorite peanut butter/chocolate pie that I have posted in previous posts. YUM! Got to have a great excuse to make that! Here are some pictures of our wonderful Dads!

Here is my hunk (in the blue) :) on Father's day with my other hunk before church. Sweet girl looks a bit sleepy.

Daddy got a lot of kisses on this special day. (Check out her shirt...I ordered this forever ago for our beach trip because it says "My Dad is King of the Castle" I thought well won't that be cute on the beach! When I got it in, it said Father's Day 2010 in fine print at the bottom-soooo, we wore it on Father's Day instead)

Admiring her daddy and his messy hair :)

Here is Camdyn with Dustin's dad that we originally named Grandad when she was born. She instead has named him G-Dad! Yep, G-Dad is now his name. I feel like he needs a big chain hanging from his neck now...ha!

Camdyn and my dad, Poppy

Look who it is! Nana snuck a picture with Camdyn too!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Growing up I have always wanted a precious little girl to take care of, dress up and love...God gave me one...and she is the most precious human being to me!
Making memories like these together is pure bliss.
We were at my parents a few weeks ago and Camdyn was playing "tea party" with all of us-running up to us with a bitty cup in one hand and her teapot in the other and pouring us tea. She would blurt out in laughter after each of us drank it differently for her entertainment. Even her poppy was joining in on the fun. I then got the idea that I wanted to give her her very own tea party the next day with goodies and tea/apple juice. She was super excited about her tea party with mommy and I let her invite a few of her furry friends. Sweet girl picked out her own dress and thought she was something...smiling and sipping her tea. She asked to have a tea party over and over after that and I can't wait to throw her another one. (Poor Bozley was not invited though because we knew he would eat all of our food-as you see in the pictures he was still able to look in and watch)


A tea party would not be a tea party with out cheese and Cheetos!
Pasta was also on the menu and I made these cute little strawberry shortcakes and they were a hit for my little guest. We even got out the nice plates!



Poor Bobby!


I now leave you with some other pictures of Camdyn before church a few weeks ago. This reminds me of a first day of school picture, minus the treadmill.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Love the tea party! Cam is starting to look like a "little girl"...precious! Next time Boz needs to be invited...I feel bad for the poor little guy. :)

Amanda said...

Cute tea party! Loe the picture of Cam with the fork in her mouth. Sweet little smile. :) We need to do this for a play date!!!

Hicks House said...

She is so stinkin cute and I love all the creative things you do with her! She is one lucky girl!

Jo Lynn said...

Taren, Camdyn looks more and more like you! Lucky little girl! And how on earth has your Mom not only managed to NOT age, she looks YOUNGER than ever!! Love all your pics!