
Awwww...vacations...they are always so enjoyable! This year we booked a beach house in Gulf Shores but the oil spill caused us to have to relocate our vacation. We would have loved to experience this beach, however, we were very pleased with our nearby stay in Texas! Dustin and I laughed on the way home that there was no way that US (not
Camdyn) would ever be able to handle that long of a drive. We have it in the works to FLY somewhere next Summer!
We stayed at a new resort in Galveston called Diamond Beach resort and we enjoyed waking up to this each morning!

On the other side of the resort there was a huge lazy river that we floated in each day. While
Camdyn was taking a nap, Dustin and I would float the river and just enjoyed
each other. So peaceful :)
Camdyn also highly enjoyed it.



There was also a slide that D loved going down. I went down it once and it was a blast.
Camdyn loved the slides last year but this year a little boy told her that it was too fast so
every time we would ask her if she wanted to go her words were "mommy, slides too fast". Maybe next year!

One of the highlights of our trip the 2
nd day was going to the
Rainforest Cafe. We had such a great experience at the one in SA...so we took C to this one. We had an hour wait, however, they had a River Adventure Ride!! Dustin and I took her on it and it was such a neat little ride. It was a cave with animals/scenery all throughout it. A big hit there was the chocolate volcano that had a sparkler on it. It was
delish!!!





C'mon mom, I'm drinking my chocolate milk!
When I got back from the restroom, this is what I saw!

The funny thing is I don't think they even realized what they were sitting on. Gigi's looks real!
The resort was very kid friendly and had a great toddler playroom but it also had a room with arcade games and a small theater.
Camdyn loved shuffle board and shooting some hoops!



We spent a ton of time at the great pools that were surrounding the resort!

eating some snacks...

getting some fresh air while drawing...

2 comments:
Love her little mouth in this last picture! :)
So good to see you guys today!!! Still can't believe how tall Cam has gotten!!!! Hopefully we'll see you at the pool again before school starts...booo!
I love the black and white pic..and your headband too!
Post a Comment