Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wild Life Ranch-African Safari, Texas Style!

The second part of our vacation post is our first experience at the Wild Life Ranch where we got to encounter/touch many amazing animals! We were very excited to get to go see this area and the animals that grazed it! It was such an awesome experience and we can hardly wait to go back. I'm sure Camdyn could have stayed there all day! I just know she is going to be a veterinarian one day :)

As you drive through the ranch you come upon different types of animals and this is not a very clear picture but here were the giraffes...I would have loved to have their head in our cars but I'm sure since they are so tall, the park had to contain them in a fenced area.



With a handful of food she is ready to feed her some animals!!

Hmmm...not sure what he was.

The zebras were pretty much what we were looking the most forward to!

And this guy was the most entertainment! He would walk around strutting his stuff like he owned the whole place. He would go up to each car and stick his head inside of it and peck around for food. He would also grab the whole bag of food from people...We never opened our window for him because he was a bit too aggressive for this family! ha!

Here was our first encounter with the sweet zebras. They would calmly wait on us to give them food and they were just so gentle. I love Camdyn's face in this picture.

I had to put this on here! I was a bit scared when he stuck his head on my side to eat...something about those big teeth coming towards me! ha!
I was fine the second time!

He was pretty interesting to look at as well

Afterwards we headed to the petting area where Camdyn got to pet/hug and play with the baby goats-she called them "sheep" the whole time.

We also about died when we caught her laying a big kiss on the goat's back!
Camdyn Reece had a great little vacation and we cannot wait to go back next Summer!

No comments: