Sunday, January 31, 2010

FUNfetti Sunday!

Today Cam and I had a FUNFETTI Sunday! I have been eyeing this

for a while now...maybe even for a few years! I have never bought it because I never really make cupcakes, I am a cookie girl! Well, let me just tell you that I found out from another blogger that there is a cookie recipe on the side and I got super excited! Camdyn and I headed out the door today to get our cookie mix and you can't forget the icing and we also stopped by our Macey's to let the girls visit before heading home for our sugar rush. :)

Time to dig in and get started!

We added everything BUT the raw eggs...Camdyn is thinking "wow, mom you are really going to let me eat raw eggs??"

Seriously?
Nope, your mom will not let you!!...just everything else but that :) When she tasted it she kept shaking her head "yes" that she approved of it!
Her favorite part was licking the yummy icing and shaking the sprinkles over and over (Note: Do you see her poor booboo on her pinky? This happened today and she was talking about it all day long... Sweet girl)
What a fitting shirt for our little miss smiley!

We then put them in the oven...you would not believe the smell of these cookies! Do you have a million candles that smell like sugar cookies like I do?? Well this smell was everywhere!
By now it was 3:00 and Camdyn had yet to take a nap. I tried to put her down for one so that when she woke up she could enjoy her cookies. Nope, she was not having it! I even put Elmo in her bed and covered him with a blanket (which she thought was very funny). I think she could smell the aroma of our cookies and had to stay awake to eat one! :)
She definitely approved and thought it was very good! I even caught her leaning over trying to reach the container of them to eat a few tonight.


So fun and colorful!
While we were shopping for our cookies we also purchased our first "bahbie". I was really never a barbie kind of girl...I was only obsessed with dolls. I wanted something I could wrap up in a blankie, put a diaper on it, feed and pretend that she was my child. Oh I'm sure my mom can remember my obsession with dolls... anyways, I thought I would buy one for Camdyn.

I love this little face when she met her. I'm sure she was thinking "her tummy is showing and she is sure wearing a skimpy bathing suit" but for the reasonable price, we got the barbie that was not wearing much clothes! ha!

Reece brushed her hair and walked around with her throughout the day and she even put her in her buggy to push her around. Unfortunately I also found Bozley playing with her and dragging the poor barbie by her hair. In return, this is what Camdyn did to Bobby!

Ha!
Our lives are now changing...Baseball season is in full swing! I am a bit worried about taking her to the games. Last year I was able to control my new little walker but this year I have a fear that the bleachers will be her favorite thing. I will manage, I will manage.
*Also, tonight I laughed when I saw that there is a movie coming out called "The Crazies"..ha! That's my word! I just realized that I have been spelling it wrong...me the teacher needs to remember the rule, drop the y and add an ies!
Have a great week!!

9 comments:

HowryFamily said...

Emma has the same headband!!! Target is really stepping it up in the little girls clothing department!!! :) :)
I'll have to try the cookie recipe..I love funfetti cake...never realized you could make it into cookies! Delish!

Jennifer said...

Ok, so is the headband from Target? I'm going to head there tomorrow it's so darn cute and you know Landree and Cam have all the same clothes :)

I want to try the cookies too. So did you add the eggs later or you just don't add them because it's cookies? Sounds good to me we'll have to try it.

The Barner Bunch said...

Seeing that oven gave me flashbacks of today episode where Barrett decided to hang from the oven handle bar! Yep, as he was swinging from it, the entire door flew open! Thank goodness it wasn't hot.
When I bake/cook...I have to strap him to his booster seat or ban him from the kitchen! ha ha
I'm glad Cam is a better cook/assistant!!!

The Barner Bunch said...

I think I have the same recipe. It's so simple.
Box of cake mix
Add a small tub of Cool Whip
One egg
Mix all together and bake!
How easy is that? And the dough is wonderful to snack on! ha

Taren said...

Jennifer, it is just the cake mix, 2 eggs and I think 1/3 cup of oil and...that's it!! YES, the headband is indeed from Target! My one and only love :) I could spend all day in that wonderful store.
Amy, it didn't say anything about cool whip on the box but that might be good.

Amanda said...

Mmmm! My grandmother always makes the funfetti cakes for bdays. Didn't know there was a cookie recipe!

Amy, there are oven latches so kids can't open it. :) One step ahead or even target might have them.

Jamie said...

Such sweet pictures!! That looks like such a fun project for yall to do together!! Love it!

Amanda said...

My mouth is watering for cookies now! And I cannot believe how fast she is growing! She is so pretty!

Flipflops, Fruitsnacks, and Fripperies said...

funfetti cakes are my favorite! I'll have to try the cookies. I've had ones where it was made into thin bars and then 2 bars are put together by frosting. Like a slender cupcake...haha