Thursday, August 11, 2011

Vacation-Austin Style



Well, exactly from today, I have 3 weeks until we meet our Maddyn Chayse! Oh how those words are sweet, sweet words! We cannot wait!

I had to hurry and get caught up on some posts because I know once sweet sister gets here, I will be consumed with her and my other love.

Here is a quick post with lots of pictures and we shall see how many details are included.

Since I was pretty far into my pregnancy, we decided that we needed to stay close and we went to Austin for some vacationing. I LOVE that town! Not necessarily the "city life" but the parts that over look Lake Travis are always my favorite. Hills and hills of beautiful land with such a peace and calmness to it. We discussed retiring there. :)

We stayed at the Barton Creek Resort and it was up in the hills which I loved about it.

On our super short drive away from home, I wanted to stop to get a Blizzard at the DQ...haven't had one of those in many years and we got missy one. They have mini ones and they were the perfect size for the both of us.


At our hotel, we spent a lot of time in our room playing, walking the grounds or shopping around the town.---Found a new favorite store of ours...Tyler's! So many neat things there and we all left with a new t-shirt and I got some Tom's. :)


Just a few books and Camdyn's daddy, always keep her busy and entertained.











My "Mrs. Organized" always arranges our shoes like this. Funny how she puts hers on the outside of ours. :)


The 2nd night we went to our favorite restaurant on Lake Travis called the Oasis---Such a gorgeous view.










Poses EVERY time! This always has us laughing to see what pose she strikes.










~Sunset~


We spent a lot of time at the pool to cool off. What a hot Summer we have endured!












Camdyn also enjoyed her lunches on the balcony...





And some coloring



For our 7 year anniversary, we went to a great steakhouse that over looks the lake. If we ever make it back to Austin, we will definitely be eating there again! The dessert was unreal! It was a flour- less chocolate cake with ganache icing....yum!

After 3 nights in Austin we decided to head to San Antonio to take Camdyn back to the animal safari that we went to last year. The ostriches were not near as entertaining (I'm sure they were burning up from this heat!) but we still got to sneak in some time with the zebras.





Right after Camdyn said "Mommy, Zebra's don't bite??" we saw this sign!




And then this sweet guy just wanted some food but we were pretty much all three screaming when he put his face in our car---maybe the sign got to us a bit?? :)



That evening we spent the day on the river walk and did the river boat tour again and treated Camdyn to dinner at the Rainforest Cafe.




We have it in the plans to head to Alabama/Florida area next summer and we can't wait! I might have already picked Camdyn up a PB beach chair at the outlets on our way home from this vacation! :)

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Looks like you guys had a fab trip!!! Love the pic of Camdyn's little hand on your belly while at the Oasis...presh!!!!! LOVE living in Austin, it's fab!! Except for this summer...toooooo hot!!!!! 3 weeks, wow!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!

Jamie said...

LOVE your pics!! I love Cam's hand on your belly, too! So cute! Did you know there is a Tyler's in Dallas, too? I got our big girl a pair of TOMS and a tshirt there this past week.