I had fun adding some "wild and colorful" Christmas items to Cam's playroom since I rarely put these things around the house. I tend to gravitate to all of the red and golds when it comes to the living room decor. The presents light up and they are so fun to look at!
We also are always sure to update Camdyn's show-offs to all of the Christmas crafts they are doing at school.
The calendar has also had me baking a lot and crafting-2 of my most favorite things! I remember making these adorable reindeer when I was little and for some reason these have always been the ornament in Elementary school that have stuck with me...so-I had my Camdyn make one with me one night.
Camdyn is super interested in the story of baby Jesus and can tell you all about his birthday and why we celebrate this special holiday. We read this sweet book every night. It plays out the reason why we give gifts on Jesus' birthday and also the birth of our savior. Every night I get to hear these sweet words "And this is baby Jesus, Mawey, Joseph, tree wise men, angels, a donkey, sheep and a cow" we then get to the inn keeper and she shouts "and who is that Mommy?" :)
During the Thanksgiving break I whipped this bad boy up :) and I love it. It's my burlap wreath and I might just leave it up all year! We shall see.
My grandmother passed away when I was younger but I still remember so many great things about her. She was a wonderful cook and always had the neatest little recipes for cookies and treats. I called my mom up the other day and wanted something fun to make over the weekend for us to snack on during the week and she came up with these (from my grandmother-Dad's mom) They are little hollies and they go perfect with the holidays.
My little assistant helped me by pouring in the corn flakes and then she got to put some red hots on her own cookie. I thought for sure that they would be too hot for her but she would eat them and scream "too hot" but then keep eating them. I guess we all kind of do that don't we?? :)Tonight we played with her dollies and she wanted to play her harmonica for them...so funny.
A bit creepy... but they look like they are looking right at her.
The girls wore their pajamas and loved doing "ring around the rosies"

*ha! Ella's face!
We recently had our annual Christmas party with the Cannaday's at their new house. It was a blast!! "Ella's nice dad" -As Camdyn calls him :) made the best bread pudding and chili ever! They are always great hosts when we all get together. The kids did wonderful together and they had the best time---us adults sure did as well too!
Do any of you feel like you have a ton left to do as far as gifts??!! I sure do! I just got all of these ready for Camdyn's friends and teacher's at school and now I can check that off my list!
We did "Reindeer kisses" for her friends and a Happy birthday Jesus-flute.
And as a teacher---you gotta love those gift cards, so of course we did some of those and I made these hand sanitizers for her fabulous teachers!
Lastly, here is our Christmas cards. (I promise they are bigger than this in real life!)

And we had a new year's one done too with a picture of Camdyn from every month. That's where the blog comes in handy!!


Time to go pack Camdyn's lunch for tomorrow and catch up on a little t.v before bedtime. Good night!

4 comments:
Looks like you guys are having loads of fun! Love the Christmas card, beautiful!!! Merry Christmas!!!!
I would love the recipe for the treats you made. They look so deliciously festive!
Haha LOVE the picture of her playing her harmonica for her dollies and the pic of her waiting for Santa to "wake up!" :)
Great Christmas card, lady!
Post a Comment