The first night we made a baby Jesus and also a manger...here he is
I thought that he turned out sweet. :) She will pick him up at night and hold him to her cheek and say "awww, baby Jesus" :)*Now this leads me into my other little story about what went on this night. I still am glad that Dustin was here to witness this event or he might not have believed that she did this! After we made him I asked Camdyn if she wanted me to sing her "Away in a Manger". She eagerly said "yes" and then I sang it for her. As I was singing her lip completely headed downward and big huge tears filled her eyes and started falling down her face. I was completely shocked. What else do I do in this situation?? I get out my phone and snap this picture!

I felt bad after I took this knowing something was wrong with her but it was the "mammarazzi" coming out in me! :) I hurried and asked her what was wrong and why she was crying (hoping that it was not my singing that had caused this emotion) and she simply said "mommy, Jesus song was sad"...I then could not believe that she had just told me that. In some way or another this song had touched her sweet little self. It's moments like these that I will always cherish.
Yesterday for day two we attended our city tree lighting event. I was very impressed with everything that was handed out for free and how entertaining it was. Santa even drove up in style on a firetruck and walked right down the center isle.

*I told Dustin that I literally felt like a celebrity was coming by the way we and the rest of the town was acting!
He grabbed Camdyn's arm and said his normal "ho ho ho" and she died laughing! Cutest thing ever!
Unfortunately we waited for a bit in line for hot chocolate and they ran out so Camdyn was insisting on this drink so we ran by Starbucks and picked her up a child's cup.
I then put on the "hot chocolate" song/part on the Polar Express and she smiled and sipped her drink the whole song. She was in pure bliss at this moment and oh how I love to let her experience these things!!!
I wanted to share the calendar I made with you in hopes that you could gather a few ideas from it as well and of course for the memories. However, it is pretty blurry so hopefully you can click to enlarge it.
Here is a picture of my doll dressed up for Santa who was making an appearance at school. From what I heard- she was just fine sitting on his lap so we shall see when the time comes for US to take her!

He grabbed Camdyn's arm and said his normal "ho ho ho" and she died laughing! Cutest thing ever!
Unfortunately we waited for a bit in line for hot chocolate and they ran out so Camdyn was insisting on this drink so we ran by Starbucks and picked her up a child's cup.
I then put on the "hot chocolate" song/part on the Polar Express and she smiled and sipped her drink the whole song. She was in pure bliss at this moment and oh how I love to let her experience these things!!!
I wanted to share the calendar I made with you in hopes that you could gather a few ideas from it as well and of course for the memories. However, it is pretty blurry so hopefully you can click to enlarge it.
Here is a picture of my doll dressed up for Santa who was making an appearance at school. From what I heard- she was just fine sitting on his lap so we shall see when the time comes for US to take her!We got our family pictures in and they turned out super cute! Here is a little sneak preview of one!

Goodnight!!

5 comments:
What a sweet baby girl you have.
Cute post. Thanks for sharing the calendar! Love it!
So so cute! Thanks for sharing your adorable Advent calendar. When B's old enough, I'll certainly do our's this way!
What a sweetheart, and so smart to realize the song of Jesus was sad!
I can't wait to see your pictures of Camdyn. What a cute dress/skirt. I'm sure you'll have a hard time choosing your favorite!!!
Where did you get your advent calendar? I've been SEARCHING for one and can't seem to find one.
Post a Comment