Monday, October 18, 2010

Let the Fall festivities begin!!


One of my best friends, Heather, hosted a Halloween party this past weekend and we had such a great time! It was Camdyn's first time to meet sweet Parker and Presley and she was very impressed! They are absolutely the cutest twins ever and I love every time that I get to visit with them and Heather...if only they lived a bit closer. :(


Cam kept smiling at their monster costumes...

Check this doll face out on the right! This is my friend Monica's daughter--we were in the same sorority in college. She is precious!!


At one point Camdyn started asking when the "big kids" were going to arrive-ha! I think she started realizing that she was a little bit older than the babes there! However, I'm sure next year they will all be running around and playing together.

This makes me smile...patiently waiting for them to get up and walk with her! :)
Then Camdyn got to meet some new friends and make a beautiful bat! She was very proud of it.

Here is proof that baby girl had a fabulous time!

**Note: This was taken about 2 minutes after she got in the car.

So the big talk in my classroom between kids :) is what their parents make them and all of the good sweets that they bring in for snacks! Well the talk has involved PUMPKIN and CHOCOLATE-what a pair right?! So I googled these two ingredients and wanted them in the form of muffins and I found a great recipe. AND what really sold me on this recipe was that I already had all of the ingredients (I love to keep a can of pumpkin on hand at all times in the Fall just in case) I gathered my little assistant who is with me at all times and we got to cookin'.


and her favorite part when baking muffins with mommy is putting the muffin cups in the pan.

done!

We like to make sure there is something in this pretty glass container every week :) -Right Dustin?!

While I'm on the subject of food-I made Mexican food tonight for dinner (My favorite) and I was so excited when I found these guys growing strong in the backyard!
So what else should I do with these than put some cream cheese, garlic salt and cheese and pop them in the oven. We like to call them "pepper boats". Please try this at home!

What a great weekend we had! We had a family date night on Saturday and I took a few pictures of Camdyn with her puppy who got a make-over. This child gets super excited when Bozley gets a haircut!
And she also showed off her new pose-nice hugh!
I now end with a picture of her from school--because every post must have a picture from school in it. :) We have many events coming up this week and the next that we can't wait for. I hope to share some more pictures soon!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute, cute pics! Can't wait to try the muffins...have the stuff now need to bake. :) Yay for getting to see you gals soon!!!

annajanine said...

Super cute pics, T!!!

The Barner Bunch said...

Gosh...she looks so grown up in that last picture. Almost like she is ready for Kinder! Crazy!!!!

jen said...

I just love your daughter's Halloween shirt. Thanks for sharing the pepper boat recipe. It was so simple yet my family loved them!