Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Water balloons, dress-up and praying

H-O-T!!! That is how it feels around here! We can hardly make it outside during the day unless it involves some sort of water activity to keep us cool. I even attempted to take Camdyn walking during the day and right when we got to the mailbox she put her hand to her head (dramatic!) and made a sigh and said "mommy, too hot" and then headed back to the door. So we make sure to go on our family walks at night when it is a bit cooler. Which brings me to our water balloon war with her daddy! I bought a large pack a while back and we filled them up and targeted Dustin. He then thought it would be funny to target me...great. All in all we had a lot of fun and we will be getting to an additional war very soon.

Get him Camdyn, get him!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For a while now, Camdyn has loved playing dress up...she has her little basket full of accessories in the playroom that she loves to dig through. Here are a few of her "looks" --and this is ALL of what she picks out and puts on!
And this one was from when Dustin took the front door off to fix and she ran out of the house like this----no worries, the neighbors all know her very well so this is probably not unusual for them to see her like this :)


I just know this is going to be her favorite center at pre-school in a few weeks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prayer-I am a huge believer in prayer...it can change everything. Dustin taught Camdyn how to pray forever ago and I absolutely love to listen in on them in the mornings while Dustin is getting dressed. Camdyn now asks a lot if she can pray. It's precious hearing those words come out of her mouth at such a young age. Her prayers are adorable and they always start out like this..."Dear Jejus, tank you for Nanny, Poppy, Gigi, G-Dad, Mommy, Daddy, Taytee, Issa, Macey, HayeeKentall," and the list continues. This little girl just makes my heart smile.

A few weeks ago I asked her what she wanted to do today and she said "pray" and then did this.
and then had to snicker a little bit because she knew I was taking her picture!
This just makes me laugh because it is evident that she is taking after Dustin...little organizer
and C still likes to keep Bozley company while he eats but now she wears sunglasses :)

**It has taken me about a week to finish this posting so I'm hoping to post more soon about Camdyn's first week at Mrs. Tracy's! We have had a FABULOUS week and Camdyn is back in her routine and ready to start pre-school in a couple of weeks! We have "Meet the Teacher Night" at the first of September (I cannot believe I am even saying those words!)
Good night!

No comments: