Sunday, June 27, 2010

Mini Vacation, First stop-San Antonio!


Photobucket

Hello there! It's pretty much a miracle that I am on here right now because our house has been torn upside down but we are finally starting to see a normal house again! We recently got our wood floors laid in the new playroom and also in our bedroom. It is beautiful!! It's amazing how flooring can change up the look of a room. With that said, we decided to redo our bedroom as well just because the floors gave it a whole new appeal. It's summer and that makes me that much braver so I got a new bedspread and guess what color it is...WHITE! Yep, I'm a brave one :) I am one who likes to have things done quick but I'm going to take my time on our bedroom and rush the play room! I will hopefully post pictures of the "house make-over" after I am caught up with my blogging scrapbook for C.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mini Vacation! Every summer Dustin and I like to go somewhere simple with just us three and then we do a larger vacation with his family in July. This year we chose to keep the drive pretty close (I guess 5 hours is close??) and we went to San Antonio and stayed on the river walk. This was one of the most relaxed trips we have been on since Camdyn was born and I'm sure part of that is because she is either growing up or becoming more familiar with traveling/vacationing away from home. Either way...she was a delight to be with and it was a blast to spend every waking hour with her. I am splitting this post into two for the sake of the blog book. Too many pictures on one posting ruins all of the details-writing that goes with it and that's my soul purpose for blogging! So look forward to our next posting on the wild life caverns that we experienced and all of the African animals!

We pretty much went day by day for what we wanted to do and every lunch/dinner was spent on the river. It's so enjoyable to just sit out on it and watch the ton of ducks swim...Camdyn loves ducks. Here is a little recap of your vacation Camdyn Reece!

We drove 4 hours straight before we even stopped and we were very proud of you. AND you did not sleep the entire time so either Elmo or mommy kept you very entertained :) Our first stop was the huge outlet mall that I will definitely be making a trip back to...precious items for you and lots of sales! We didn't stay long because we were ready to check into Hotel Contessa but we were sure to make another trip on our way home! We got to the room, freshened up and headed out to dinner at a yummy Mexican food place on the river. We stopped to take some sweet pictures outside of our hotel.


Afterwards we got tickets to do the boat tour on the river at night. However, we did not know that our boat would arrive over an hour later. Standing in line with a two year old scared me to death but with her spunky personality she put on a show for everyone and was free entertainment for them. We then got on the boat and she sat like this pretty much the entire time. LOVE HER!



As our tour guide gave us all of the interesting details about the history of the river walk, Camdyn would shout "oh wow" like she was paying attention to each thing that he was saying :)

In the mornings she would wake up and watch her favorite dvd and eat a muffin on the bed. It was so much fun waking up with her each morning...
The next day we ate lunch at the Rain forest Cafe. If you ever get a chance to eat at the one on the river...you will be amazed! It was unbelievably decorated from head to toe with amazing life-like animals and huge butterflies that would flap their wings. This is another reason we will be going back each Summer!

These details were everywhere and the restaurant was 3 stories...sadly (since it's close) it put Grapevine Mills RF to shame!


They sat us right next to the massive fish aquarium and Camdyn was loving this...
This poor poor guy was Dustin's entertainment. Dustin could not get over how much he looked like a dog. You should have seen those teeth!
I took all of these on the other side of the aquarium and I love how it looks like sister is in there with the "fishies"!


The next night we once again went out on the town for dinner and ice-cream and Dustin got Camdyn this light up ring. I wish you could see it in the picture...very diva-ish!


Photobucket

On our last night this little guy sat underneath Camdyn's chair and she fed him the entire dinner. I'm sure all of the other ducks were very envious that he got to eat tortillas AND tiny bites of chips. She was good at keeping them small.

The next morning we went to some little shops down from our hotel



Here is the beautiful view from our room. Many people get married (we saw one couple while we were there) on this area because it is supposed to be good luck.
The rest of our trip was spent at the swimming pool, the caverns and the outlet mall. The pool was on top of our hotel and we made a point to swim up there when the sun was starting to go down...wish I would have gotten a picture of that. One of my most fondest memories of our trip was letting her lay on my chest while she slept before I would go to sleep. She never sleeps in our bed at home so I took advantage of holding her before we would "transport" her into her own bed. She was a sweaty little pig an hour later when I took her off of me but it was pure heaven. What is it about a precious sleeping child...I guess it's the innocence behind it.
That sums up most of our vacation in a nutshell. What a fabulous vacation it was!

3 comments:

Kubin's said...

LOVE all your pictures. I just love Camdyns white dress in the frist few pictures...what a doll! We are on vacation right now, having a blast.

Flipflops, Fruitsnacks, and Fripperies said...

Looks like a fun time! Was it the outlet mall in Round Rock next to an Ikea? My brother lives near there and we love it!

Amanda said...

Fun, fun! Glad your little family had a good mini vacay. :) Next stop...the beach!