Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's day 2010 and randomness!

Let's first start off with Mother's day and then complete randomness will follow the rest of the week. I love to take a variety of pictures throughout the week and then blog about them...they make for great memories!
Mother's day was another fabulous year just like the last. Camdyn is getting good at spoiling Dustin and I and I slept until 9 and she woke up shortly after. Dustin had a card waiting with this inside of it!*Camdyn, daddy said this card reminded him of you and I and I think so too!

Dustin got me the best gift I could have gotten and that was a nice gift card to pamper myself with. I cannot wait to use it and it's to a new salon that just opened!

How do you like my purple nail polish?? :)

We played around, got dressed and headed off to church. What a perfect message it was about marriage and the pillars that create a successful marriage. Click here if you would like to see some of it. (Just click the button that says "watch" under the message labeled "It starts at home") Love this church and all of the messages!

We ended our day with my parents coming over to enjoy our usual grilling out. It was such a great day.

Now the following pictures are of you Camdyn throughout the weeks and some items thrown into the mix!

The day after her birthday party we headed over to Chuck E. Cheese to let her play. This was a pretty entertaining experience. We brought Gigi and Grandma Dot with us and we ran around with a 2 year old and a big cup of gold coins trying to put them to use! Instead of her following us around, we followed her around (this is now our life!). She wanted to ride in this monster truck and every time we would put her on it, we got this face...

She then wanted to ride on the horse and we got this face as well..

It was funny-she would just make this face like she was trying hard to enjoy it all but the movements felt a bit awkward to her :)

We then spent literally the last hour on and off of this! She would whisper in Bob's ear and give him hugs...

and we slid over and over...

and sat with Bob some more.


Now brings me to my most favorite item that I carry around with me EVERYWHERE and cringe when I forget them (which has happened only once)

These bad boys!! I have been eyeing these since Cam was born but the age said 2 years so I decided to do as usual, and follow the rules! We have started using these the last few months. I own the singles and the wipes and they fit very nicely in purses and backpacks. They make me feel so much better after getting Camdyn off of playgrounds, grocery carts, parks, etc...after I have wiped her hands and arms down with these! I am one of those mothers and I will always be one of those mothers :)

I have not been taking much pictures of our food so I thought I would post an easy concoction that we like. It has easy ingredients that I threw together but it is very tasty and simple after a day of work!
All it consists of is pasta shells, cut up tomatoes, zucchini, onion, basil (from our garden!), olive oil, Cavendars (Greek seasoning) and a splash of grated Parmesan and you have your main course for dinner! Simply boil your pasta, saute the zucchini in olive oil with the seasoning, add the veggies and pasta and last the parmesan.

Does your little one have a million things they like to drag around in and out of the bed with?


She carries all of this out of her room in the mornings and I love it.

Camdyn also likes to get in her bed and play and read forever while I clean up her room and the kitchen. I think it's so cozy and sometimes I wish it was my bed!


The other day when I was cooking dinner I heard Camdyn talking to her chicken and telling him that he was going to "time out". I turned around to see what she was doing and I found her doing this,
Poor chicken stayed in time out for actually a couple of days so he must have done something pretty bad! We rarely even do time out anymore partly because I don't think she thinks this is really a consequence so It was funny that she thought about this.



Camdyn's good friend Addison got Camdyn a whole set of high heels for her birthday and she loves them and click clanks around our house in them all the time.
They look so good with a nice Dr. Bertrand hospital shirt and a diaper :)
After tomorrow Dustin and I can say that we only have ONE more Monday until Summertime!! I have some very summery pictures that I hope to get posted tonight.
Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

ji said...

Soo cute!!! The chicken in time out is too funny! I do wonder what he could of done to get a 2 day time out!