Saturday, May 8, 2010

Camdyn's Ice-cream parlor!

*Thank you April for taking this pic...this is the most precious picture!

Camdyn Reece celebrated her 2nd birthday on May 1! This year it was so much fun planning her party because I got to go off of her interests for the theme. (Thank heavens that she still was not interested in the Wiggles!) Last year it was all about what I liked and this year I got to personalize it just for her! I made it into an ice-cream parlor (she loves ice-cream) incorporated Elmo and Abby (she loves Elmo and just started liking Abby in the recent months) and she was dressed in a tutu with converse (to show a little bit of her sweet but spunky personality)!! I think it turned out great and she still looks at pictures and talks about things that she remembers. Almost everyone was able to attend that we invited and we were so blessed to have our family and closest friends here with us. Here is the evidence that we had a good time!

Before the party started...Look how calm and collected she is :) Taking a "calm" ride on her horsey :)
Some of the decor/treats from afar...


Welcome to Camdyn's Ice-cream parlor!
Abby was the pinata for all of the babes but she also made a fabulous centerpiece!

Dessert bowls

These suckers were personalized from Elmo to her best friends. I was sad because I thought I didn't get a picture of one of my favorites but I did! In the red container we have old timey Dr. Peppers in a bottle...love these tasty guys! :) "Party hats" for your ice-cream sundaes!! Check out her very own ice-cream cupcake that I made! Doesn't it look like a real ice-cream cone? I topped it off with a pink gumball :)

Now friends, this is the unplanned table...I was hoping to cram all of this on the island with the ice-cream toppings but it wasn't happening!


I cut out (with cookie cutters) letter C's and the number 2 peanut butter sandwiches to go along with her Sesame street friends!


and another Elmo accessory
Camdyn's favorite part of her party...Her castle bounce house!
Here are some of our favorite visitors that we love and adore!
Here is C blowing out her candles on her cupcake and being shy when as she calls it "Happy Day" song was being sang to her...

This is Jared (One of Mrs. Sherry's sweet sons) who Camdyn loves and thinks that he is her brother. Both of the boys take such good care of her.
Camdyn and Ella taking some time out to color :)

Cam and Barrett in the bounce house!

Look at this serious face!


The last two pictures are of the pinata. I love how all of their little heads are gathered ready to pull the string!

The hostesses at the END of the party (Wow, we were worn out by this time!)

This makes me laugh, mainly because after everyone left the rest of the family (and Kelsey) stayed and played forever in the bounce house and Camdyn got naked with her diaper and played hard. I was telling them that we were not about to be one of the neighbors who lets their child run in the front of the yard with only their diaper on and by this point...I did not care and we turned into one of those neighbors :)

Thank you so much to all of our friends for spoiling Camdyn with perfect presents and your company. Camdyn loves you guys and we appreciate your friendship so much.

No comments: