The Monday after C's birthday, our family took a "pink day"! Pink days are some of my favorite days throughout the year. I would like to think of them as a day of celebrating my child! You have your birthdays, holidays and anniversaries but a regular ole day with a few things planned involving just the family, is pure bliss!
We started our day sleeping in until about 10:00 (Camdyn needed the day off I think to sleep!) We relaxed, got dressed and headed to the Dallas World Aquarium. We have waited until Camdyn was old enough to really enjoy this place since it is pretty expensive but the money is well worth it for a toddler. I think there were seriously maybe 20 people at the exhibit and since we are past the stroller days, she was able to run around and look at all of her favorite animals. Our little veterinarian, truly had a blast! Not only did SHE have a blast, but I think my husband might have enjoyed it equally or more :) . Camdyn and I are definitely two peas in a pod that's for sure. We literally would turn around and wait on the tourist...aka/Dustin to find out info about all of the animals and their names. Camdyn is like me, we would rather just run around and eww and aww over everything and find out information about them later. Here is the evidence...(he kept asking me why I was taking pictures of him, here is why!)

That sure is a confident guy there to carry around a pink little princess backpack! Oh the things he does for us~ Please also notice his little pamphlet out in each different occasion. :)
Below are some pictures of Camdyn's first experience with all of these exotic creatures that seem so much happier than the poor animals at the zoo. (maybe it's because they are inside and not outside???)
Here are some of our favorites. Look at the monkeys that are getting lunch off of each other's back...yucky!
A worker asked if Cam wanted to feed the toucans berries
To end our great day we wanted to take Camdyn to experience fondue for dessert. We were very excited to let her in on our little indulgence that the both of us enjoy, however, she had fallen asleep after a long day...AND, she is at a stage now where you DO NOT WAKE HER UP! Something about waking her up after being in a deep sleep makes her angry! When the chocolate came out she started to act more like herself but Dustin said he wants to take her back when she is fully awake and her happy self. Sorry Camdyn!
See, you would have never known :)
Time to get my nightly cup of coffee and catch up on my reality shows!


1 comment:
Sooo cute! She was having a stare-down with the anteater and crocodile! "First one that blinks loses!!" :-) I have to agree, take her back when she can FULLY enjoy the chocolate fondue, gives yall a good excuse to go back, right?? ;-) I love me some Simply Fondue :-) MMMMMMM
Post a Comment