Sunday, May 9, 2010

A mother

Words cannot express what you go through emotionally and spiritually when you give birth to your own child that you/your spouse and God have created. The love that you share with that child is unconditional. This is now my most precious trademark that I feel God was preparing 25 years of my life to become, a mother.

Growing up I had an obsession with "real life" baby dolls. I was not into Barbies or stuffed animals but I dreamed about what it would be like to have a child and I played with my dolls non stop, 24 hours a day. (right mom!) My best friend April and I would even go to Walmart and buy newborn clothing, shoes and diapers to dress our dolls in to make them seem more real. :) I made invitations-threw birthday parties for them, rocked them to sleep and even fed them food that came out into their diapers (please tell me you remember this doll!) Let me mention that I was pretty ecstatic once that doll hit the shelf. I also took pictures and got them developed of my most favorite doll named "Kaitlyn". I never knew at this age that God had a beautiful, chunky, big hazel eyed little girl waiting on me in heaven that I would soon love in the years to come named Camdyn. It's amazing how life becomes so much more real when you have a child.

Dustin and I have been blessed with two mothers who have given us so much and shaped us into the parents we have become. Thank you so much for caring so much about us and our most prized possession.

Adina-{Gigi} Thank you for raising Dustin in a Christian home while creating a loving, nurturing husband and Daddy for Camdyn and I. Thank you also for loving Camdyn like she was your own daughter and for the outpouring love that you have for her. She may only be 2, but she knows how much you adore her.


Mom, {Nanny} Thank you for making me into the person and mom that I am today. Wow, you did an amazing job at raising 3 girls and not once did I feel like the middle child. :) Thanks a ton for all of the advice and help you have given me in dealing with sicknesses and ailments that come a long with having a little girl. Thank you also for loving our Camdyn that you bring her pure excitement and joy when she knows that she is going to get to see her "Nanny and Poppy"

**This picture will always make me smile seeing the look on both of your faces while holding her.

We love you Gigi and Nanny more than you will ever know!

*I now have my most FAVORITE little write-up that I know some of you might have seen over e-mail. It is a conversation between a newborn and God. This has always brought tears to my eyes when I read it and it is the most sweetest thing that I have ever read. I am leaving it to share with you. I truly feel this is what we are supposed to be like as a mother for our children. Enjoy and have a Happy Mother's Day!!


A Newborns Conversation with God.

A baby asked God, "They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow,
but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?"
God said, "Your angel will be waiting for you and will take care of you."

The child further inquired, "But tell me, here in heaven
I don't have to do anything but sing and smile to be happy."

God said, "Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you.
And you will feel your angel's love and be very happy."

Again the small child asked, "And how am I going to be able
to understand when people talk to me if I don't know the language?"

God said, "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and
sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care,
your angel will teach you how to speak."

"And what am I going to do when
I want to talk to you?"

God said, "Your angel will place your hands together
and will teach you how to pray."

"Who will protect me?"

God said, "Your angel will defend you even if it
means risking its life."

"But I will always be sad because I will
not see you anymore."

God said, "Your angel will always talk to you about Me
and will teach you the way to come back to Me, even
though I will always be next to you."

At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices
from Earth could be heard and the child hurriedly asked,
"God, if I am to leave now,
please tell me my angel's name."

God said,
"You will simply call her, Mom."

3 comments:

Brandi said...

What a beautiful post!!!! Happy Mother's day to you!!!

Kaci said...

Oh Taren...thank you for sharing that sweet conversation. Happy Mothers Day!

The Barner Bunch said...

I love Conversation with God. I have it framed and it's one of my favorite sayings!
Happy Mother's Day to you.