Sunday, April 18, 2010

Summer is in the air

This time of the year always seems to rush by with a thousand things to do and not enough time. Rushing to make sure each one of my children are more than ready to leave and head on to the next grade level, a big birthday to plan and many many to attend, the ending to my school year and the beginning of Summer, there is just so much to do! However, it's times like these
that I wish time could stand still...

The amazement that she gets from "a little ball" makes life so precious.

We have had a lot going on around this house lately. I love me some birthday parties but I'm very glad that Camdyn's only happens once a year! I have been planning up a storm and trying to make sure everything is absolutely perfect for her. I know some say that she will never remember her parties but she sure will remember and look back on the pictures and this blog that I have created for her. It has been so much fun planning her Ice-cream sundae party while incorporating Abby and Elmo. :) and her birthday outfit, oh it is just so fitting for her spunky personality!

We spent all day with tons of the in-laws help last weekend to revamp our yard and Dustin's handy man dad :) made me my very own garden. As much as I love living close to the city, I also love everything and anything straight from the earth!!

This handsome muscle man did a ton of hard work for his girls while we did this...
I'm only kidding-Camdyn helped out a lot while watched her and planted our vegetables.
She did a great job organizing the flower pots as she LOVES to organize things wherever she goes and this little fur ball enjoyed digging his nose in the soil.

Here is my love (our garden) . Every day after school Camdyn and I run home and water all of the flowers and she enjoys it. She always says "helpy Daddy Wawe flowers?" Precious.
I planted, two sets of tomatoes, cilantro, dill, tons of pepper plants and my favorite to cook with...basil. These pasta lovers in the house love basil!
Part of the pretty front yard where some of daddies work is displayed. I will get a full picture when everything is in full bloom!
Now...back to the details and plans around our house... For months now, we have gone back and forth on what to do to give Camdyn an actual place to play and store all of her goodies that are throughout our house. I have always been an "artsy" (Don't you laugh but I took AP Art in high school, yes they offered that!) person and I want her to be able to enjoy art as much as I always did and have her own little area. We called a while back about possibly adding an additional story to our house but did not want to deal with all of the heartache and mess/money that would come with that. Soooo...we have decided to get rid of the carpet in our bedroom (I think I am an anti-carpet person!) put wood floors down, move some of our study into our room, AKA/hutch & computer and turn the study into a play room for Camdyn and all of her baby brothers and sisters! ha! When building this house I did try to keep our upcoming children in mind, however, as I have gotten older, priorities change and some things are more important to me. Being able to listen to my children play together in a large area that is designated for just them, makes me smile just thinking about it. So, after this party is planned, then comes play room planning! I have some ideas brewing!
Now, can you believe that this chip eating, nautical little girl
is going to turn 2 on Friday, TWO! Dustin and I have seen so many changes in her sweet little self that show us how much she is truly growing up. Just yesterday we were at mom and dad's house and she started counting and counted all the way to 12. That right there solidified that she is only getting older.
I still always get sentimental when I see her sleeping...
something about your child sleeping is the sweetest thing
I also love how every night I put socks on her little chunky feet to keep them moisturized from her uncontrollable eczema, (ugh!) and they are tossed over her bed and laying together on the floor.
Love that little girl.
Curious, has anyone actually ordered a book and gone through the whole process from blurb.com? I am working on her book and I wanted to make sure before its all said and done that it will load and turn out okay. Thanks and have a great week!

9 comments:

Ashley@The Vanilla Tulip said...

Okay as soon as you find out about how blurb turns out LET ME KNOW!! I'm dying to hear!
Ohhhhh don't get me started on how much I love to watch my babies sleep. Makes me want to cry they're growing so fast.
LOVE Cam's hair in the high pony! So summery!
And love your garden! We have the exact same things!
AND can't wait to see what you do with your playroom!!! So exciting!!!

Amanda said...

Love this post! Okay...

1. House looks great
2. Can't wait until the party!
3. Yay for playrooms...and LOTS of laughing kiddos. :)
4. Sleeping babies are the bset...and Ella throws her socks off too every time. Ha!
5. Still trying to get my book done too...so tedious!!!

Jennifer said...

We love our playroom! It makes me happy to have a clean living room and be ok with the playroom being messy :)

Cam is such a doll! I can't wait to see the party pics and I can't believe she is two already!!!

The yard looks fab!

Let me know about the blurb book. I started it and never finished. I really need to do it.

Tara said...

Hi there...you don't know me! I found your blog through a friend's and follow yours now! Anyway I have done the blurb book and it turned out great!! It takes a while because it lets you edit and create it however you want, but it is worth it! Let me know if you have any questions or want to see pics!

Tara =)

Brandi said...

What cute pics. Love the one of your sweet baby girl sleeping!! Too cute! Your yard looks great, good job!

The Hazelwood Family said...

I did...only one-I should have two by now!! Haha, I need to get going on the second one. VERY time consuming, but SO worth it in the end. I'll bring it to school!

Taren said...

If you happen to read this :) thank you so much for the info on the blurb book! I want to finish year one asap and get done with year 2 by this summer. If only we could have had these when we were little, instead we had the boring ole baby books! Thanks guys!!

The Barner Bunch said...

I did the blurb book and I'm totally finished with it...I just need to create a cover for it and get it ordered.
Debbie H did her first book last year and it turned out wonderful.
Like I said, I'm still doing some last minute touches to the one I've created (from last year).
My GOAL is to print it out within the next month.

The Barner Bunch said...

Yeah...it time consuming too. You'll find yourself editing pages, creating borders, and literally SCRAPBOOKING! It's worth it in the end though.