Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

This is my 2nd time to celebrate mother's day but the first one feels like such a blur partly because I had just had Camdyn and I was still in the process of figuring out what it was like to be a mother while my body was trying to recover from the surgery! This one though was fabulous! Right now, it is mainly my husband who makes this holiday so special for me so I have thanked him for loving me.
Now the details...Dustin sent me an email a while back asking me if I wanted to go shopping or get a massage before our dinner and I (being Taren) chose shopping. I wanted to find something for me!! only me!! since I am always opting to buy stuff for Cam. Plans changed and they ended up having a baseball game during the day so we just started our day a little later and ran and did a little shopping off Preston and then to enjoy a wonderful dinner at Steve Fields. This place is so good and it is such a dim and romantic place. After that we splurged and ran a few streets down to Babies R Us and bought Camdyn a bunch of new toys. One included a pink lawn mower!! Sunday was great as well and it started out with me opening my gift and a precious card from Camdyn and she got me a "mother ring" from James Avery. I loved it! Now I have a symbol of my marriage on my left hand and a symbol of Camdyn on the right...can't get much better than that. We then headed to church and left Camdyn in the nursery for the 2nd time. She made it through the service! Well at least they didn't page us because she was inconsolable. They took her on the baby buggy (which is hilarious because they have a buggy that they push around the church halls and foyer that has about 9 seats filled with toddlers.) and I think that might have cheered her up. We then came home and cooked out with Dustin's side of the family and my parents came to visit later that night. It was such a great day and it is truly a wonderful feeling and experience to be a mother and waking up to this beautiful face everyday!
Here is a picture of Dustin and I before our big night!
All of the mother's except for mom and Melissa
Daddy and Cam playing outside


My sunbathing beauty on her bench
One of my favorite things to do now is to watch her soak in her favorite t.v. shows. It's like she is trying to pay close attention and learn everything that they are teaching her! (By the way, I ordered the Pottery Barn chair :) )
Now this blog would not be complete without a little update on my baby girl. She is getting to be such a big girl! We have switched over to 2 % milk now and she had no idea that we did this. I thought the soy milk that she was on before would have a different taste then cows milk but I guess she didn't notice. :) I have still been introducing her to table foods lately but still trying to incorporate the Gerber foods as well. She is such a clean eater! She is already using her spoon, fork and plate! We are still a little unsure though of how to put the spoon and dig out the yogurt. She will dip it in her yogurt but not actually scoop it out....that's when Mommy and Mrs. Sherry have to step in. She tried re fried beans last night and loved them! (Stephanie and April, you now know she is going to be just like her mom!)

Yummy yogurt!
Have a super week!







3 comments:

Amanda said...

So glad you had a great Mother's Day! Cam needs to teach Ella how to use her fork and spoon. She only "dips" too. :)

Jamie said...

I got the Mother's Love ring from my parents for Mother's Day. I love mine, too! Glad you ordered the PB chair. It seemed like you really wanted it. :)

Alyssa said...

Kylan gave me the Mother's Ring last year and I love mine too!! Glad to hear that you had a good first/second Mother's Day! Don't you just love it when there is a day that's just specially for you?!?!?! :-)