Today was a great end to our week at church. I love everything about our church and it is a new experience each time you walk through those doors. Today Pastor Steve was talking about how we need to remember to keep Christ in Christmas so he wanted to get started early discussing it before the upcoming holiday season. Dustin and I have talked about this many times, how we want to give Camdyn everything that she could ever want but also teaching her how to be humble and always giving to others. It was great what we all got to experience as a family. The pastor encouraged everyone to get out of their seats( keep in mind thousands of people attend this church) and walk either up front for communion, to the sides of the church where you would write on a lit wall what you were thankful for, to the back of the church where many people were there for you to pray with, up front where there were at least a thousand candles (some waiting to be lit, some lit) for you to light for people who have not come to know Jesus and confession cards for you to confess and get rid of any sins that you have held onto. Well at that moment, we were in the hospitality center where we watch the pastor on screen so Camdyn can crawl around. We then decided to go inside as a family and sign the wall for what we are thankful for. Each wall was filled with so many different things that everyone was thankful for and it was such a special time for us to be able to give thanks to God for everything that he has given to us.
On another note...our baby girl has been doing some great and some scary things that I wanted to jot down so I wouldn't forget! I will start with the scary things...we sometimes have to put her in her swing when she fights going to sleep for her nap. We went in there the other day to check on her and she was in her swing (buckled around the waist) with her entire body slumped forward and her fingertips dragging the floor! No, she was not crying...I'm sure she thought she was on the ride of her life! Her most favorite thing now is not play with toys, it is to climb to anything remotely able to be pulled up on or stood on. Sometimes those things might include our armour, ottoman, walls, our legs, chairs, and even her diaper bag. The fearless thing she is doing now though is letting go! She tries to see how long she can stand by herself and then falls on her bottom and thinks that is funny. She is a little daredevil!! We have now tried carrots and she seemed to really enjoy them. She actually showed a little interest in them but she is still in love with her milk. Camdyn knows now what her "boboo" is (bottle) and will whimper when she sees and hears that word. Also, a new thing going on in Camdyn world, is when I lean to give her a kiss, she will go towards my nose and bite down on it and then look at me and smile....I love it! She has also learned how to turn off the light switches and she knows exactly what to do when she sees it! This has been apart of our nightly routine now for a while. We take a bath, get our jammies on, talk together on the bed, tell the lamps, fan, and the mirror with Camdyn in it goodnight and then the light switches come last. I love that little precious girl! Now that I have written a novel, I will leave you with a few pictures of our doll from this weekend.

2 comments:
What a neat thing you guys got to do at church. We all need those moments to keep us in check and remember all that we are blessed with. Sweet girl looks so cute in her fun outfits!
she is so cute! haha...those light switches... Eli will probably ending up saving us some money because he is very serious about making sure the lights are off! haha..
Post a Comment