Thursday, May 16, 2013

Easter 2013 and an update on the girls

The day before Easter we colored Easter eggs! Good ole Martha had a
tutorial on how to dye eggs with just vinegar and food coloring
so we got to work on those. Camdyn's favorite color is pink
so that we were able to achieve with a tiny drop of red food coloring!
 
 
 
 

Maddyn joined the fun too!


The Saturday before Easter, our neighborhood always throws
the cutest egg hunts with thousands of eggs. The girls
ate treats, bounced in the bounce houses, danced, played and played and hunted
for eggs. Maddyn had not a clue what was going on with the egg hunt
and Camdyn was super polite to not plow down
the other kids :) so that's why she ended up with this many. :) :)
Yep, I think about 5!

Love this little tradition for our family!
 
 
 
 
 
 

Hmmm? Candy is in this egg?

That Sunday for Easter we went to my parents house and
celebrated Easter with our family and the kids played all
day long! We attempted to get a picture of all 4 grand babies but
that never works out for us!  Camdyn and Macey are the best of friends.
They play for hours together.
 
 
 


Onto LOTS of updates on my Maddyn.
She is now 20 months old and is my precious, precious
baby. She is calm and gentle.
She doesn't need a lot of attention because she loves to
play with sister or on her own.
She is very independant and I love that about her.
In public you never even know she's around except for the gibber jabber
that comes from her little mouth and the sweet smiles.
She is my smiler and gives smiles to most everyone she sees.
She is saying so so much now! Some words sound the same
but many are becoming clear. She is also now combining two words
together. Big girl!
She loves her daddy and gets so excited and screams "Daddy" when
she hears the garage door open.
She loves to go "side" (outside) and play. Anything outdoors
is what she loves.
Maddy is still only into "Baby Einstein"--she enjoys Mickey Mouse,
Barney and Sesame Street but she loses interest in it
within a few minutes--Baby Einstein...nope, she would watch a full
hour if I would allow her.
Maddy is so different than Camdyn and I with sweets. She does not
like them---mainly cakes, cookies and items like that. She does
like candy that is fruity---I think she is not going to be
a chocolate lover like us.
Maddy is still a great eater. She pretty much eats everything
we eat or at least tries it.
Her favorite veggies are mixed vegetables and the girl
LOVES when I make guacamole. I make it at least
once a week just for her!
Another favorite of hers is my smoothies I make. She gets
extremely excited when she hears the word and that's
another thing I have to make at least twice a week. :)
Maddyn loves for me to read her books. Her choices always include
Brown Bear, Goodnight Moon, and a random Halloween book.
As gentle as she is, that girl can hold her own if her and sister
are wanting to play with something. I always know
if something is happening to that girl!
Maddy loves kitties...almost to the point that I want to
get her one---not really but still. :)
The girl tries on clothes for no lie---30 minutes. Socks, shoes, pants, undies...you
name it...she tries them on over and over.
If I ever need to spare some time, send her to some clothing and
she will be content for a pretty long time!
She still loves to cuddle and be rocked before bedtime each night.
The girl loves routine...we have the same songs on my itunes
that we listen to each morning on our drive.
Maddyn loves babies and will pet their heads when she sees one. Sweet, gentle soul!
She loves to dress up in high heels, a purse and headbands all at one time.
Time-out works great with her. She rarely has to go but if she does, sweet
girl cries her little eyes out while she sits in her little spot and then does exactly what she's told to do. LOVE HER!
She loves her grandparents so much and calls them all by name.
I can't wait to spend all Summer with this little girl!
 
 
 

And this other muffin of mine...
She is growing up so so much.
Her maturity is shining through from little things
about being modest and what others think of her to reading
her books and learning to write simple words.
She is still Miss Personality and says the
cutest things that I still have no idea where she gets them from.
Her memory is still amazing. She can remember so much.
Camdyn has started a competitive/show team 2 days a week and
is so good. I know I might be biased...but seriously, she is a natural at it.
I hope she loves it as much as I did.
She is enrolled for kinder and I can't wait to see her in the halls,
stop and eat lunch with her on an occasion, see her at recess
and just know that she is here with me while learning and making
new friends at school. School is so important!! I've anticipated this day since the day she was
born and it's almost here.
I love my feisty, love-able, confident little girl!

I think I'm updated on my girls! I love to look back on
what they were like and I can't wait for them to be able
to look back on this too!

No comments: