Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Meet the Teacher!

So I stumbled upon these two cute teachers while I was searching for lesson ideas for my classroom! (As I feel like I am ALWAYS doing during my conference!!). I have added them to the side of my blog because they inspire me to continue to do what I love to do, while providing for my family AND balancing motherhood. I thought this would be a fun way to meet other teachers so I am joining the "Teacher linky party!!"

Here we go a little about me and a few question and answers!... I am the one on the left :) (Was that hard to figure out??!)

I have been happily married to my high school sweetheart for 6 years. We grew up a few streets over from one another and I have loved him ever since I met him. We have a beautiful daughter who will be turning 3 at the end of April, Camdyn Reece.
I also have some other great news that I will be sharing very soon in blogland :). I have been teaching 2nd grade for 6 years and I adore this age. They are so mature but they are still innocent and LOVE their teacher. My husband is the head baseball coach for the school district that I teach in and he is a great coach! When I am not at school, I spend most of my time being with my family. Family is very important to me and I want to soak up as much time with them as I can. I love God!!, girls nights, shopping (definitely more for this 2 year old than myself!!), crafting, sewing, decorating, party planning, cooking out, baking, photography, and anything else that I am drawn to!

Now for the Q & A

Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?
A: Hmmm...this is always a tough one. I would love to be a "part time" STAHM! Maybe a few days at home and a few days in the career world??? I think I would find a great balance between the two. The other part would definitely be spent doing something creative such as a party/wedding planner!! I also love anything "health" related...so maybe a doctor :) :) :)


Q: What are your hobbies?
A: Creating anything and everything! I love having side projects. I also love to bake. It's experimental and the end result is always nice. :) Camdyn Reece is my other hobby...seriously!! I am always trying to better myself as her mom and find ways to make memories with her. She is the best hobby ever!


Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A: When I was younger I wanted to be a detective. (yep, detective). I would run around the house spying on my family with my little journal and pen in my hands. I am still quiet the "detective"...just ask my close friends. When I got a bit older and realized that that might not be the job for me :) I wanted to be a fashion designer. I love fashion and it will always be something that interests me However, as much as I like to make a difference...teaching seemed to be my calling.

Q: What are your guilty pleasures?
A: Sonic!, I always make time to watch a few reality t.v shows (Bachelor/ette, Big Brother, etc), cheese sticks with ranch and marinara, Target *I could walk in there with my eyes closed and find something that I liked!


Q: What is your biggest fear?!
A: I DO NOT like flying, spiders (no matter how small they are), leaving Camdyn and Dustin behind if something ever happened to me :(


Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?
A: I (and my daughter) are beach girls. We love the warm weather and being next to the water.


Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
A: --Pray, pray, pray! And trust in the Lord...That is a huge one. Also, live life the fullest because you never know when it could be taken away.


Q: What do you value most in others?
A: Easy!!...a genuinely nice person. I would agree that my very very best friends who I love are truly genuine people who are always there for me. I am drawn to people like that.


Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be? A: My love for life! I find so much enjoyment in the smallest things and appreciate the little things so much. I think that's why I am usually a positive person and I try to avoid the negative.
Also my "strongness" (as I like to call it)...I have never been the type to be easily influenced by others and I have a strong head on my shoulders. No matter what goes on around me...I am doing what I believe is right. Oh I hope and pray she gets that quality!!


Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?
A: My grandparents who are no longer with us. I still have so many great memories of all 3 of them and I would love to be able to share my life with them now.

Now tell us one random thing about yourself:
Let's go waaay back... I was homecoming queen my Sr. year of high school!

Now it’s time for YOU to join the party!!!! Here’s what you need to do: Write a post titled “Meet The Teacher”. Start with a brief “biography” and then copy & paste the Q&A {using your answers, of course!} Copy the web address of your “Meet the Teacher” post and come back here & link up! It would be GREAT if you could visit at least 3 other teachers…get to know a little bit about your fellow bloggers…and leave a comment!!!! Don't forget to grab a button when you link up!!




5 comments:

Emily said...

Hi! I found you from the link party!

You have an adorable daughter and I love your blog! :)

annajanine said...

Fun, T! Great info. And you and I share the same fears...it's hard enough for me to even read the "s" word. eww!

Mrs. Wheeler said...

Hello! I found your blog from the link party! I can relate to your love of the beach...I am right there with you! We are having severe ice and snow storms in Ohio right now. I have been off school for 3 days in a row...just thinking about summer!!

Megan
http://mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com/

Cara Carroll said...

How cute are you?! And OMG...cheese sticks with ranch AND marinara are my FAVE!! LOVE IT!! Your baby girl is PRECIOUS!! Thanks for linking up! Nice to "meet" you!!

Cara :)
thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com

TiffanyClark said...

Found you from the link party! I am also a sucker for reality tv :) Love the Bachelor/ette! So glad to have come across your blog!

Tiffany
teachrunlove.blogspot.com