Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Favorite products

And now let's take a break from my little family and talk products! I am always on the lookout for new things to try! I love walking into Sephora or Ulta (alone) :) and seeing what new things I can find. After I first had Maddyn, I discovered the make-up artist, Kandee Johnson...LOVE HER and her tutorials! I remember sitting at the computer taking a "momma break" from being a new mom and getting so much inspiration from her to try new things. All I do is Google her name with an area I'm looking for and I choose one of her suggested items to try. 

With all of that being said, here are a few of my "go to" products!


My first up is Bare Minerals, Concealer in Summer Bisque. This stuff is the best concealer and covers so well. I apply it to any blemishes or sun spots that I have and it stays all day.  It doesn't have that heavy look and is very weightless. It works really well with the combination of powder and blush that I wear.

The absolute BEST hairspray that I have been using forever is Big Sexy Hair. The name pretty much nails my style...I can't stand when my hair is flat! I blame it on my round face.
Dustin's grandma actually introduced this to me! ha!! She obviously had never used it (at least I don't think so) but picked it up for me, and Dustin and I laughed at the name years ago. Thanks Dot, my favorite hairspray...ever.

Lets talk this Soy Renewal Beach Spray! This spray smells like you literally walked off the beach and have just lathered up in some great smelling sunscreen! Best. Smell. Ever!
If you know me, you know that it takes me maybe 30 minutes TOPS to get ready. That's fully dressed from head to toe. The one part I spend the least on is my hair. Being a mom of 3 and having to get them all dressed as well, I just don't have a ton of time to spend on myself and I'm okay with that! That's where this spray comes into place.
 I recently got about 3 1/2 inches cut off due to a baby boy pulling it out, it falling out thanks to pregnancy and it was downright stringy at the ends. This beach spray adds volume and a bit of waves and also controls it so it's smooth.
I wanted to show you a few pictures of what my hair looks like before I fix it and what it looks like after. I hardly ever wash my hair the day of (and just wash it the night before) unless I am going to straighten it AND straightening it only happens maybe 1 every 2 weeks. I know, I know....bum over here :)

Now I haven't a clue how to take these pictures in a "non-huge finger type way" --so just pretend I'm great at this! (oh lordy, the phone cover!) ha!

BEFORE: ~Make-up on, clothes on, jewelry on, and hair about to be "fixed" ---or sprayed!


Next I literally spray some of this beach spray on and then a little hair spray and some teasing and my hair is fixed for the day. I really need to show you a video clip and you would laugh at how quick this process is. 
As you can see it's just a little more calm and fuller and doesn't looked completely like I just slept on wet hair the night before. 
The other day I wanted it a little more wavy, so I sprayed it with the soy spray and gathered it into a bun while I got the kids lunches ready and then took it down. It was way more wavier than this and was cute! 

And then my little shadow found me seconds later so he snuck in...what a great addition he makes! 
AND...began to try to eat the bottle while laughing...Do you realize how much I love this guy!??

I do indeed have some more products that I'm saving up to share with you--I can't wait to share them!

No comments: